Thread: Artakan Create Stairs - for test

My Country Flag !
    My favorite 3D Application ! My second favorite 3D Application ! My favorite 3D Render Engine ! My favorite Compositing Application !

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite Operating System ! Gender

Artakan Create Stairs - for test

Artakan Create Stairs - for test

Easy steps to convert 2D to 3D high details stairs

Some solution from users --You can use basic splines from within 3ds max. No need to draw it in autocad.
    - Draw a simple spline rectangle (the size of one step) and copy it several times, with the sides touching eachother. It will look just like if it was drawn in autocad. Each step being a separate spline rectangle.
    - Select all the rectangles, run the script, set the parameters and select the first step. Then hit create.
    * The steps don't have to be all the same size in length (if you want some platforms in the middle of your stairs) but they must have the same width. Otherwise this obviously would create problems for the railings.
    * You can apply modifiers to your 2d splines to make a curved stair. then apply the script.
    *One thing is that once you run the script on the splines+modifier, their referenced modifiers are broken because the script transforms the splines to editable splines. So if you need to keep a copy of the splines+modifier, apply the script on a copy.
    *attaching all shapes in one object and select all vertex and weld it after that detach it into separate shapes

Tutorial Link: 10.87 MB - Content visible to registered users Only ! Click here to Register !

1. click right button mouse on picture save picture as...
    2. rename picture to rar ( disable the "hide extension for known file types" in windows though -> change *.jpg to *.rar)

Content visible to registered users Only ! Click here to Register !
    Last edited by sv0564; 13th April 2013 at 07:34 PM.

My Country Flag !
    My favorite 3D Application ! My second favorite 3D Application ! My favorite 3D Render Engine ! My favorite Compositing Application !

Post Thanks / Like
    what do you mean by "for test"? is it a trial version?. thanks by the way.

My Country Flag !

Post Thanks / Like
    works fine, very clever the hiding files in an image.

My Country Flag !

Post Thanks / Like
    maybe he is the creator, try to selling on the dark place. just kidding...my old trick..beware of downsize of your pic host account.

BTW nice and thanks
    Last edited by robin; 11th April 2013 at 10:44 AM.

My Country Flag !

Post Thanks / Like
    thks a lot, which version of max is supported? have you tried on max 2014?

My Country Flag !

Post Thanks / Like
    when u import a cad plan of stairs and run the script it says that the plan is not closed please click ok button
    here is the 3dsmax file (3dsmax 2012 version)with the cad plan

My Country Flag !

Post Thanks / Like

Did you checked a tutorial??????????????

My Country Flag !

Post Thanks / Like
    yes i saw the tuts and now i am getting a new error here it is

My Country Flag !

Post Thanks / Like
    which MAX version you are using?
    If its 2014 it may cause some problems.

My Country Flag !

Post Thanks / Like
    i am using 3dsmax 2012 and not 3dsmax 2014

My Country Flag !

Post Thanks / Like
    other links for the script please .........

My Country Flag !

Post Thanks / Like
    Works just great in Max 2013.. yes it's not as quick and easy as CADStair, which is free and it requires accurate drawings of the stair plan, which very few architects I know of, actually produce, at least not complete, they are usually cut off, with a big arrow showing direction of UP/DOWN

Personally I like some of the features.. but if you could mix CADStair and this together, I reckon you'd be onto a winner

13. Thanks KamyKaze Thanked for this post
    My Country Flag !

Post Thanks / Like
    woooooowwwwwwww very thanks sv0564

My Country Flag !

Post Thanks / Like
    Some solution from *** users
    --You can use basic splines from within 3ds max. No need to draw it in autocad.
    - Draw a simple spline rectangle (the size of one step) and copy it several times, with the sides touching eachother. It will look just like if it was drawn in autocad. Each step being a separate spline rectangle.
    - Select all the rectangles, run the script, set the parameters and select the first step. Then hit create.
    * The steps don't have to be all the same size in length (if you want some platforms in the middle of your stairs) but they must have the same width. Otherwise this obviously would create problems for the railings.
    * You can apply modifiers to your 2d splines to make a curved stair. then apply the script.
    *One thing is that once you run the script on the splines+modifier, their referenced modifiers are broken because the script transforms the splines to editable splines. So if you need to keep a copy of the splines+modifier, apply the script on a copy.

---- I changed the "Display units" to generic and worked just fine. Also changed the "Display units" to match my "System units" (cm) and it also worked. Different settings in "Display units"(m) and "System units"(cm) causes error or incomplete stairs.

16. Thanks obaida Thanked for this post
    My Country Flag !

Post Thanks / Like
    i noticed that there is a problem came when you have different steps (Like the first step in classic stairs) its larger than other steps or have a different shape , so to solve this problem just dont select this steps and everything will be fine .
    BTW , this is very useful script and its working fine , no need to apply any modifiers just make polyline from original autocad plan and import it to 3dmax and detach all splines to separate shapes using this script DETACH ELEMENT , select this shapes and apply the Stairs script , THATs ALL .
    Last edited by obaida; 13th April 2013 at 05:29 PM.

My Country Flag !

Post Thanks / Like

Just 3ds max file where is script or plugin?

direct link for guys

My Country Flag !

Post Thanks / Like
    The link for this script in the first post .
    and the solution for this problem is attaching all shapes in one object and select all vertex and weld it after that detach it into separate shapes ..........

My Country Flag !

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW , you have to make closed polyline in autocad for each steps and you can do that easily with boundary - shortcut for this order (ob enter)
    and this vedio explain it :

My Country Flag !

Post Thanks / Like
    other link for the Artakan Create Stairs script please

becuase sendspace.com is blocked in my country like filefactory or midiafire please

My Country Flag !

Post Thanks / Like
    there you go Aziz, a dropbox link, https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9hjkfz0fjydtpk1/7nJ4HrOw3d

U don't want to invest the righteous amount of money in 3D tools for your "CG artist profession" and to give respect to other people`s legit effort for making your job easier?. And maybe the least you could do is to participate in proper private buying groups and at least once to play fair, And all you want is to leech, to drink the milk and to make money, without sweating or working hard for it?., And I Am Wrong?, cause I get mad every time you prostitute 3D stuff for free?..Bite Me.

23. Thanks MAX4, aziz3dd2010 Thanked for this post
    My Country Flag !

Post Thanks / Like

BIG thanks for you ..... Mr bartho232