Artakan Create Stairs - for test
Easy steps to convert 2D to 3D high details stairs
Some solution from users --You can use basic splines from within 3ds max. No need to draw it in autocad.
- Draw a simple spline rectangle (the size of one step) and copy it several times, with the sides touching eachother. It will look just like if it was drawn in autocad. Each step being a separate spline rectangle.
- Select all the rectangles, run the script, set the parameters and select the first step. Then hit create.
* The steps don't have to be all the same size in length (if you want some platforms in the middle of your stairs) but they must have the same width. Otherwise this obviously would create problems for the railings.
* You can apply modifiers to your 2d splines to make a curved stair. then apply the script.
*One thing is that once you run the script on the splines+modifier, their referenced modifiers are broken because the script transforms the splines to editable splines. So if you need to keep a copy of the splines+modifier, apply the script on a copy.
*attaching all shapes in one object and select all vertex and weld it after that detach it into separate shapes
Tutorial Link: 10.87 MB - Content visible to registered users Only ! Click here to Register !
1. click right button mouse on picture save picture as...
2. rename picture to rar ( disable the "hide extension for known file types" in windows though -> change *.jpg to *.rar)
Content visible to registered users Only ! Click here to Register !