Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

3DEqualizer 4 R5

Discussion in 'Applications : Requests' started by 21x31y, Mar 20, 2018.

1. 21x31y

21x31y New Member

Hello everyone , new member here . I hope I can help the community soon with uploads .
    For this time I came to ask for any updated 3DEqualizer , there is a PLE ( personal learning edition ) released , so I have it up and running and its amazing . The problem is this version does not have Python enabled to its not posible to export any camera and data to maya so its useless .

https://www.3dequalizer.com/?

best regards

21x31y

2. Ariusfx

Ariusfx Member

3. matrix77

matrix77 Active Member

Is this full featured program?

4. Ariusfx

Ariusfx Member

¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

5. matrix77

matrix77 Active Member

What is that means?

6. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

It's someone shrugging their shoulders, so I guess Ariusfx hasn't got a clue whether it is the full featured or not. I imagine the best thing to do it download it and give it a try, then you would know :)

7. tomahak

tomahak Member

Its working, since its the solution by the same guy, who did all past solutions.

8. matrix77

matrix77 Active Member

a good software but hard to work with it.then needs maya pipeline to use tracking in maya.

9. 21x31y

21x31y New Member

Hello everyone .

I took my time to install it . It works flawlessly , no hassle to install , just unrar and youre ready to use it . File is completely clean , scanned online .
    Version is updated as I could compare to PLE edition .

Many THANKS for the uploader !!! and to ARIUSFX many thanks for taking time to help me . ;)

10. MisterX

MisterX Member

hi my grid is jumping in maya set grid off tracker point not work

11. 21x31y

21x31y New Member

HI everyone . MisterX , I could export to maya , 1250 frames . No jumping grid here . My only issue now is to understand which format to save/export , it seems it only gives me the chance to save as .mel files , but at the end I could export the camera with tracking points , place a cube inside Maya everything working fine . Couldnt find how to put the grid aligned , couldnt understand yet how to align it inside 3dE , but its a question of practice with the menus and controls . Interface is a bit awkard I think . Results were achieved with 15 manual tracks , no automatic tracking . Still some sliding but this is because I can still understand how to put my camera data inside 3dE , this is a mess for me , film back , etc . I have a simple Sony digital DSN -N1 like 10 years old , video is 640x480 only . So Im still using the default parameters for the camera a still can see the angle is not right for the images theres little distortion and the planes does not align 100% . Have to learn it . Well at the end its getting hard to move from my previous workflow in Matchmover to 3dE . Was used to MM , and now Im in front of this little baby , results will come with time . Patience !

12. 21x31y

21x31y New Member

HI everyone . Just to make some followup on this new toy 3DE R4, from a begginner perspective on the matter , after 1 month

POSITIVE : many features not avaiable in Autodesk's Matchmover : use of reference frames , tracking of objects and cameras at the same time , optimization solver - amazing stuff , many features to work with geometry inside the software , many customization options . Very stable release just couples crashes .
    NEGATIVE : interface really awkward , complete lack of documentation ( I cant find a pdf user guide the only one seems to be from version 3 , outdated ) . Steep learning curve as mentioned before . Lack of forums where you could find advice ( its amazing you cant find nothing new on internet about it many tutorials only to old versions ) , youtube channel is empty just a couple videos . Nothing , zero , nichts , nada , nekas . I keep asking to myself : WHO IN THE HELL uses this software ?!?!?!? Videos on youtube are like 5.000 views go figure !

Im seriously thinking about moving AGAIN to another tracking software alternative to settle down . I keep trying to learn I think because I'm stubborn , and now Im tired of get stuck and dont have any sources of information and advice to go smoothly ahead . PFtrack is my following candidate .

Example now Im trying to find some advice on HOW reference frames work , it is supposed to help you and keep your tracking tight , but in my test I could not improve the result and my tracking was still sliding ( a very long clip 1800 frames from my cellphone with resolution 1280x720 ). I was expecting the software could bring me more results when tracking homemade low quality footage , at the end it seems I could only improve a bit comparing to Matchmover even 3DE having many more features . Still trying to figure out how to get the best of it , Im sure the software can deliver but whitout information ( no user guide etc ) its hard to get there .

any hints , any forum anyone can recommend on matchmoving techniques are welcome

any comments on Boujou and PFtracks features comparing to this new 3DE R4 ??

regards

13. PoopCake

PoopCake Member

PFtrack is great. It has pretty much everything... helper frames, optical flow, planar tracking, smart roto, even photogrammetry... it's a nice program & it's my primary tracking tool.
    The documentation is decent too with a complete node reference & even some basic setup examples for common tracking tasks. Try it out you won't be disappointed :D

21x31y likes this.
  14. 21x31y

21x31y New Member

Hey PoopCake thanks for you kind comment , may I know which version are you using ? its legit or lets say... "free" ... I looked on the sister site and the updated 2017 version seems to not work well for many people. I really apprecciate your help !!!!

15. PoopCake

PoopCake Member

I have 2017 right now & it loads without problems but I haven't done any tracking in it yet. I think I downloaded a different 2017 release before & that one didn't even load.
    The previous one before that, 2014, partially worked. I couldn't save any scenes, they'd get corrupt upon relaunching the program & it would crash (so I had to clear/delete previous project cache to start a new track)
    but otherwise it still worked fine & I could track and export stuff easily. So in the worst case 2014 is still viable. Sorry I haven't really givent 2017 a proper test run yet!

#15 PoopCake, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  16. 21x31y

21x31y New Member

Just to report , after some months using it , no crashes very stable this version . WIN 10 Enterprise LTSB + dual Xeon + 48 GB ram + gtx 1070 .