Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. We need to collect this month donation for our Servers,

Click this link and Help Us:http://forum.gfxdomain.net/donate/

If we help in yours works or study , please spend some money for us to pay ours servers

3ds max 2018.3 Update 3

Discussion in '3DsMax' started by Kamo, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Kamo

Kamo Member

#1 Kamo, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  2. noise2render

noise2render Active Member

i tried all the fluids that support max, havent seen that integrity like this new maxfluids, even better then maya bitfrost.

thanyou autodeks and i lov u.

3. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Never tried Maya bifrost but as you know, this Max Fluids is based on it, so I guess they have made some improvements

4. BlackHand

BlackHand Member

Hi, I have a question here, and please forgive my ignorance about this subject :)

now I know phoenix, and I know that it makes fluids too. but I've never used it so far.
    so my question, after all the good comments about the new fluids in the new max 2018's update, is:

is this new max's fluid better, as good as phoenix's? or r they different things?

thx in advance :)

5. Dust

Dust Member

If i may :it's Maya bifrost not bit...(clap)

After buying Naiad ,bifrost engine i think it's a long -long way to the top*

* Houdini

A good start point for Max users anyway hoping some extra development and improvements...(y)

6. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't really see the point in comparing Max Fluids to anything else. The whole point here, is Max gets built in fluid simulation and that means one less program / plugin to have to find.. and while it may not be up to the standards others have reached, THEY are not a part of Max and therefore comparison is pointless

7. Kamo

Kamo Member

My personal opinion, it's good solution for fluids effect. and good for most cases.
    Of course ,Houdini, Realflow and e.c.t have good fluids simulations, but in max it is simple to use and in box.
    anyway this creates competition for fluids simulations
    also coming soon Aquarius – new fluid simulation software

8. noise2render

noise2render Active Member

With the release of max 2018 and arnoldmax , i know autodeks is heading to the right path. one day maya users will get confused when trying max!

whats next ? maybe a houdini-way! improvements concerning arnold shaders and the physical changes of liquid simulation, i really wanna sim some lava, melting liquid with its physical shader without keying anything. i dont mind maya features being insides max too.

Autodesk will figure that out. (rock)

9. scanline render

3ds max lacks of basic features that supposed to exist in a full package software .
    ALSO they dont upgrade the existing tools ! !
    so you have to look for the plugins that are rusty to !!!!
    a little example , hair and fur , cloth modifier ,
    this is why users look for ornatrix , and marvelous designer .

so after years !!!!! autodesk throw you a bone and you're happy like a little girl .

when autodesk will finally add the missing features and upgrade the rusty ones to 3ds max
    this technology will be available in phones :)

fuck you autodesk ! (angel)

10. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Aquarius has been knocking about for years, so not quite exactly how soon they mean when saying "coming soon" and many of the videos on their site are unavailable, so had to go to http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=6&t=1467403, to actually see some of them.

Sounds a bit like http://www.physicsforests.com/index.html, which was coming soon but after showing so much promise, appears to have died, since there has been nothing new on their site for some time now

Yes Max fluids is a very welcome, if also very late addition to the Max arsenal.. but as with most new stuff Autodesk adds, it obviously needs some work