Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DesignToolBox

Discussion in '3DsMax' started by Simon, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

#1 Simon, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    noname, blurps4364, asas and 13 others like this.
  2. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

Updated to v1.8.1

3. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

Updated to v1.8.7

antmashine likes this.
  4. antmashine

antmashine Active Member

Thanks, installed it, tried it - great thing for some types of workflows, for example rotation tools are just simply great and many other big and small nice & useful things are there too, so thanks again.

AFAIK - why I'll try to explain below - One thing, and it's huge in my case - when it installed it overrode my meticulously setup custom ribbon config and that's a real disaster as I've spent quite some time setting it right - all links\buttons to the scripts and plugins were stored and categorized in there and now all of them are gone and there were quite a lot of those ((( Of course I'm an idiot for not saving my custom ribbon config under unique name instead of using the default max's one in the first place, yet still, who could have guessed DesignToolBox or anything at all could do that. That's of course is in no way crack's fault and it most probably behaves this way by the original design, so anyone who's using ribbon to store scripts and such should BEWARE ))

EDIT: That was a simple coincidence - that same day just prior to installing DesignToolBox I've installed and set up button for this http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/nitrous-set-texture-size-limit handy script and it's good for what it does except for it creates a category named Kelly's Tools and if a link\button pointing to it is put into a Ribbon it corrupts it or more specifically makes it non loadable due to a ' in it's name - found the line which was pointed by 3ds max when it unsuccessfully tried to load the config containing it - deleted that line, edited a script so it no longer creates that ' in the category name and ribbon is no longer corrupted - so it most surely was this one and not the D.T.B - sorry for misinformation and thanks again.

#4 antmashine, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  5. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

Updated to v2.0
    Download from the 1st post

6. Ecinmilo0

Ecinmilo0 New Member

Thanks for the sharing.

7. blurps4364

blurps4364 Member

thanks... also works in 2018!