Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. We need to collect this month donation for our Servers,

Click this link and Help Us:http://forum.gfxdomain.net/donate/

If we help in yours works or study , please spend some money for us to pay ours servers

Dismiss Notice

If any one not get activation email, Please login your account and Re-send Activation email , Thank you

donation

Discussion in 'GFX Domain HOME !' started by Razor22, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Razor22

Razor22 Member

Hi,

I sent donation 10$ yesterday as Razor007. But dont know if there is somewhere info about payment was received or something.

2. Limbless_One

Limbless_One Member

• @Razor22 Dont stress mate .... till the server stops. i am new her and have donated, ( no need for a reply for me) ,will hopefully donate some funds monthly to help out as this site has been a long time to look for this type of help,

3. noise2render

noise2render Active Member

The moderators are being careless for this site in unbelievable/ ridiculous way ! Am guessing they either switched to mining! or this site is just an addition/ branch of the well known *** site. (think)

4. noxlupi

noxlupi Member

They are working every day and night. ;)

5. noise2render

noise2render Active Member

why they dont just use bitcoin mining donation same as fitgirl did for her site ? with a leader board and such.

6. KainOS

KainOS New Member

7. kadrozturk

kadrozturk New Member

I donated 10$. We are waiting now.

8. the1rush

the1rush Member

Does anyone know when the server will be back on?

9. nsm1226

nsm1226 New Member

I also sent donation...when will it be available?

I wish that it should be open for those who donated at least ....or any feedback to the doners...

10. j0p3s

j0p3s Member

^

This!!!!!!

Fitgirl is able to keep her website using that method!

noise2render likes this.
  11. ToniSlim

ToniSlim New Member

How much money do we need yet?

12. ToniSlim

ToniSlim New Member

I have also made the donation :)

13. MrNoSox

MrNoSox New Member

Where did the indicator go to show how much more was needed? I donated $10 the other day, come back and now the servers are suspended. Some feedback from an admin would be great so we know how much more is needed. Or do they not want us to know? Need some transparency.

14. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Obviously the indicator was there, while the site was up and running, but how can they show it, when it gets suspended. Can't put it on here, it would only confuse more people, thinking they wanted donations for the forum as well. Fact is, the amount they need, at least from my point of view is irrelevant, it's not like someone will suddenly donate that amount, to get the site back up. My guess is if one person had that kind of money to spend every month, then they wouldn't really need GFXPeers or GFXDomain

Surely knowing you have donated, is enough.. and let's be honest, the majority of those that do, tend not to advertise the fact

15. MrNoSox

MrNoSox New Member

Actually, it would be very helpful. Are we $30 away? $10? $50? $200? If we knew how close we were, some of us might be willing to kick in another donation. It wouldn't be confusing to have a counter at all as long as it's clearly stated what is needed. Your excuse is weak, and your attempt to shame me for mentioning I donated is pathetic.

BeerdedFury likes this.
  16. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Who is shaming you, I said the fact that you have donated should be enough for you. There is no shame in that at all. I also stated that the majority of folk, who donate, tend not to advertise it. In other words, they donate, sit back and wait and eventually the site comes back up, just as it has done for many years.. and you get another month of stuff you would normally have to pay for, for free

and if the majority can happily live with that and have done for a long time now, why not you

Some transparency????.

GFXPeers and transparency, have no place together. That would be like them wanting for sponsorship from people like Adobe and Autodesk, after all they've got truck loads of spare cash, enough to keep GFXPeers running for a few decades. You do not need to know how it works, who runs it, how much it costs. ONLY reason you d=sign up to places like this is getting stuff, that you would normally pay a lot of money for, for NOWT and that , in my book, is more than enough information.

When they have sufficient funds, the site comes back online and any extra funds left over, goes into the pot for the next month. Next time, take a look at the progress indicator, when you start seeing donations / server costs pop-up again, note the percentage already paid for, it never starts at ZERO.. that's the amount they already have, from the last month.. OH and it doesn't tell you how much, it is just a percentage and I for one, don't really care if they show it or not..

When you think what you are getting, for your $10, once it returns, does it really matter how much is left and while it's down, you have time to do other things.

Come back when it never comes back and you've just donated. Then while I won't be able to do anything, I will totally understand you being a bit miffed.

17. Dante3rd

Dante3rd Member

I'm going to put my two cents in, and say what I think everyone is thinking.

Yes, having an indicator bar at the top of the page letting everyone know that the site is collecting donations is very helpful. We've been doing it on ******* for years and its a great way to remind everyone that its time to help out the site. GFXPeers insistence on using a spammy in your face popup every time I load the page is the wrong way to remind users.

Shutting the site down the second the money runs out just turns users off from the site. At the very least redirect the user to a donation button instead of a in your face "Site Suspended" notice to scare of current and potential users. Maybe the people coding the site don't have the technical expertise to how redirect the home page to a donation link. However, considering they know how to create a popup window that follows you to every page asking for money makes me doubt it.

I also hate to mention it since this was talked about a lot in the past.
    The decision to erase everyone's profiles and reset ratios was a dick move.

Sure, some of us stuck around, but we don't feel invested in the site. I've shared 290 TB on *******, and I'm not worried about the site screwing me over by resting my account because of an update. I've just patiently been waiting for GFXpeers to die, and its seems that day has arrived.

Pretty much this site is making its final rotation down the drain.

What your witnessing is the intentional suicide of a torrent site. Same pattern played out at Deviloid a few years back, and everyone saw that train wreak coming.

18. Dante3rd

Dante3rd Member

Oh, and the popup window letting us all know the site is having a hard time is annoying as hell.

I can't hide it.
    I can't stop it from loading ever time I open a page.

Its bad enough to have to deal with it for two weeks before the end of the month. Now we get a reminder to try harder at the beginning of the month too.
    This is just sad to watch....

Ariusfx likes this.
  19. Dante3rd

Dante3rd Member

Good job adding the donation bar and the top of the site. Looks like someone reads the forum posts.
    Too bad the improvements didn't extend to getting rid of the pop up window.
    Because its been up for over a month I didn't even notice when the message changed from complaining about not getting donations fast enough, to a new month of begging for money.

Because this sites keeps the pop ups on all the time I don't even pay attention to your message anymore. To be honest i would open a message sent to my profile mail asking for money, but the site wants to keep the pop up for some reason.

I think I'm done with this site...see you guy on xxxxxxxxxxxx

20. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

The donation bar was added a long time ago, it is there EVERY month, while the site is up, but then you'd know that if you bothered to look. As for the popup, it appears toward the end of the month, which it is doing right now.. I myself, don't find the pop-up annoying at all. They are supplying a service to you and everyone else that uses GFXPeers and it costs them money. You are not forced to donate at all and it's just a reminder, that if they don't get enough donations, the site will go offline, until the amount required is paid..Fact is the popup only annoys people who have a bug up their ***, if it was that much of a problem, do you not think we would have thousands of members bitching about it.

Anyway as for you being done with this site, well that's your choice, but don't expect anyone here to try to stop you. After all you've only posted 3 messages here and all of those are on this thread.