Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. We need to collect this month donation for our Servers,

Click this link and Help Us:http://forum.gfxdomain.net/donate/

If we help in yours works or study , please spend some money for us to pay ours servers

Donations

Discussion in 'Site Improvment & Suggestions' started by noxlupi, Jun 5, 2015.

1. noxlupi

noxlupi Member

Please add some visibility with the donations.. have some public status.
    This way we can keep an eye out for when and how much is needed. all sites that are dependent on donations do this.
    As a donor, you want to know if your donation will make a difference, or if you are just sending money down a black hole.
    Now GFXpeers is closed and no one knows what is needed to get it back up again. is it 2 dollors og 1500 dollors? get my drift? :)

Have great day!

Pablo333 and Shaky99 like this.
  2. drakem20

drakem20 New Member

I agree.
    Another suggestion.
    For donation members could gain some upload ratio I.E 20 U$= 10GB uploaded (or less )
    This would allow new members to get up quickly, and of course more server funds.

My 2 cents.

By the way, great Forum!!!

Shaky99 likes this.
  3. manoz

manoz New Member

I have got some notification about donation but I can not donate as our country dont allow PayPal.

4. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Just my little two cents.. With regard to donations and the benefit of doing so OR NOT, as the case may be... Everyone who is a member of GFX Peers, gets something from it, be it small or large.. My feeling about getting something a little extra for donating, is wrong.. You are getting the site back up, the place you get all that nice stuff from, for which you do not have to pay. That for me should be enough of a benefit, if you have spare cash to donate great, if you don't that doesn't make you any less of a member. As for knowing how close the donations come to fulfilling the bill for that particular month, sure, some sort of simple graph or counter wouldn't hurt.. but then again, it's like those continual donations, that many have given for repair of the church roof, a roof that hasn't needed repairing in decades, that's the meaning of the word donation. They don't say, the bill is xxxx can you help us pay it, they ask for donations towards it. If that amount goes over the requirement for one month, I am sure it would go toward the next. As I have pointed out on a couple of occasions, I once had a Pay Pal account, I even donated.. but my Pay Pal account was compromised and I shall never use their services again. and that is very sad.. A shame there are not other easier ways to handle donations. but as you can imagine, this is not exactly a legitimate business model

5. vertice

vertice New Member

is there any other way to make a donation , without using internet , for example, income in a bank account ?

6. nuklehead

nuklehead New Member

Donated $5 yesterday :)

*Suggestion*
    Would be great if there was some indicator on the site that showed the percentage of server costs still needed.

#6 nuklehead, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    Shaky99 likes this.
  7. 000x0

000x0 New Member

I agree with noxlupi, it should have a indicator of how much is needed and how much so far have reached on the donations. It adds transparency plus let everyone know the position of donations.

8. tamzid14

tamzid14 Active Member

(punch) same my country don't allow PayPal

9. linkwellfook

linkwellfook New Member

Donated $5.
    Suggestion
    Would be nice to see "Donor" flag and to know the donor value for each rank (the link is broken)
    If one exists I didn't see it against my username for the last donation.

10. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

That is a terrible idea. If you want to tell everyone you donated, then that is fine with me, however I am not so sure everyone who dos so, would want it announced on the site and would rather remain anonymous. Also, as far as I know, donating gives you no extra privileges, so what purpose would it serve, to have a donor flag on your profile, of course you would know that, had you been here a lot longer.

11. linkwellfook

linkwellfook New Member

Hi,It was only a suggestion. But, duly noted.

12. Hohomux

Hohomux Member

Crying for Donations? Really?
    Before you guys call us selfish:

1. Fix the link for donations from forum
    http://forum.gfxdomain.net/donate/

[​IMG]

2. Add proper link from gfxpeers for donations
    https://gfxpeers.net/donate.php

When I click button Donate I have already decided to donate.
    I dont need to spend time to read all the stuff u have wrote there in 2013
    just to realize that there is no link redirecting me to payment.

3. Add progress bar so everyone will see over the month that there are still donations needed.
    [​IMG]

4. Do not beg for money using POPUPS which are blocked probably by 90% of visitors and ignored by 99% just because it's a popup which we all hate!.
    [​IMG]
    (yes i have seen your SELFISH popup by mistake when I had to switch my AD/POPUP/SHIT blocker for a moment)

5. Check your mailboxes and don't ignore messages from potential donors at least.
    [​IMG]

yes 1week+ no answer

6. Try Harder guys!

3th_ and noxlupi like this.