Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dismiss Notice

If any one not get activation email, Please login your account and Re-send Activation email , Thank you

drag and drop in 3dsmax 2015

Discussion in 'Help' started by feona_fernandes, Jun 5, 2017.

1. feona_fernandes

hi guys,
    lately i have observed that a drag and drop of materials, files, scripts no longer works in the 3dsmax viewport,
    i was able to do it 2 days back but now i am not able to do it,
    please help, there are no error messages or anything just a circle with a cross line when i try to drag or drop something on the viewport...

2. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

I had that problem several years back, but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was that I did to fix it. :(

However on doing a bit of searching around you might want to check these out

On another forum it was suggested to me that I set my Windows User Account Control to "never notify" I did that, restarted my computer and now I can drag and drop.

you might also check these

1) If administrator mode is turned on, turn it off, running max as admin can cause drag/drop to fail

2) The security setting on 3dsmax root folder not set to full control. Not sure how you change this but perhaps someone else has an idea

3. robin

robin Active Member

i was unable to resolve it either , so I do reinstall the window...or if you had a backup you could restore it.

4. feona_fernandes

thanks Andy47 and robin, i googled and followed all the steps mentioned but no luck so i thought of just installing the service packs once again and voila it did the trick, so in future if anyone has this problem follow the steps mentioned by Andy 47 and then the steps suggested by me and see if this solves the problem and if not the good luck...

5. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

That's good news Feona, pity my solutions didn't work, then they often don't for everyone, but glad you found a solution..

Another things to try when Max starts acting up, is resetting it's default user profile settings

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\<max version>

Rename ENU folder to ENU_old

and start up Max

If that doesn't fix the problem, then you just delete the new ENU folder and rename the old one back to ENU

6. feona_fernandes

yes i tried that too Andy47 but it works only in certain problematic cases, but its a nice try though ....thanks again

7. dasnico

dasnico Member

having the same issue:(