Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. We need to collect this month donation for our Servers,

Click this link and Help Us:http://forum.gfxdomain.net/donate/

If we help in yours works or study , please spend some money for us to pay ours servers

Dismiss Notice

If any one not get activation email, Please login your account and Re-send Activation email , Thank you

Forest Pack Pro 6.0.9 for 3ds Max

Discussion in 'CGI News' started by roocoon, Jun 17, 2018.

1. roocoon

roocoon Well-Known Member

Forest Pro is in Production status now.
    And just found out that they released a v6.1.0 :)
    (It fixes a crash on some machines while loading but mine doesn't crash so I'm not in a hurry to update right now).

Details on what's new, here: https://www.itoosoft.com/news/new-forest-pack-6

In general:
    Improved compatibility: Now supports 3ds Max 2019, V-Ray Next and Arnold
    New Libraries and Presets: New trees, grass and green walls
    Configurable UI: show/hide rollouts, collapse groups, resize lists and disable pop-ups
    Simplified selection: quad menu option to select all objects used by a Forest Pack object
    Interactive Spline Distribution: distribute items along splines parametrically
    Link items to reference objects: live link items to reference objects
    Scatter using Particles: scatter items on PFlow objects
    Overhauled Effects: support for multiple effects, maps and curves
    Update Manager: download, manage and update libraries, presets and effects at any time
    Enhanced Performance: improved scattering performance by up to 150% improved stability when using V-Ray in IPR mode.

I can't run VRay NEXT in my laptop so you get the good old v3.60.0x series.

[​IMG]

Cortamia and scanline render like this.
  2. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Still waiting on a few payments here, so my V-Ray Next purchase, will likely be end of June now. To be honest though, showing off a render using FP 6.0.9, using Vray 3.6 or V-Ray Next, wouldn't really make much difference, apart from maybe a possible speed increase.

I've installed FP 6.1.0, but then it's a free upgrade, which is very nice. Pity Chaos Group decided to make V-Ray Next a paid upgrade, the first according to them, but then, with the amount of work that's gone into it, I guess the upgrade cost isn't so bad, compared to actually paying full price for it, as a new user. It's way higher for a permanent workstation licence now, than it was when I bought 3.5.

I imagine not only are they trying to recoup the costs of V-Ray Next development, but maybe scrape some money back, from their investment in Corona too.

On the subject of Corona, I was very interested to see vlado demo V-Ray Next rendering Corona materials, but then that's the whole idea.. to eventually make both Corona and Vray interchangable. Corona can already render V-Ray scenes, so guess it won't be too long now, before V-Ray Next can do the same. The future is looking very bright.

Just for those that have yet to see the demo

#2 Andy47, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    Cortamia and scanline render like this.
  3. roocoon

roocoon Well-Known Member

I wish I could use NEXT in my laptop but... (Not that it would make much difference with my computer).
    And to remotely install another huge plugin on my kid's PC a continent away, it will not go well with him. It's bad enough I installed Max and NEXT on his PC that he doesn't even care to use them.