Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FumeFX ModernUI for 3ds Max

Discussion in 'Demo & Free Stuffs' started by roocoon, Jun 16, 2017.

1. roocoon

roocoon Well-Known Member

_Sting_ray_ likes this.
  2. bormman

bormman Member

Win 7x64 + Max 2017 + FumeFX 4.06 =

[​IMG]

3. roocoon

I have the same and I can't even install it.
    It detects the 2017 folder but the 'next' button stays disabled.
    It doesn't do that for the Max 2016 and earlier. Maybe the 2018 it finds, mixes it up.
    I'll check it later.

4. bormman

bormman Member

Install is not difficult, but it does not work anyway...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. roocoon

It works in Max 2016 with FumeFX 4.06, so it's not a FumeFX incompatibility.
    Something wrong with Max 2017 probably. Maybe it doesn't like the update 2 I have, or is getting mixed up when it sees 2018 there.
    I'll install it manually tomorrow and see.

6. Dust

Dust New Member

Hey guys try to install sp3 for max 2017 and the .net framework 4.7
    It doesh't work :max 2014- max design 14-max 2015 design-max 2018
    No problem with max 15-16 -17 with all service packs

7. roocoon

@Dust, sp3 is old. It's up to 2017 Update 2.
    I only had .NET framework 4.62 so I updated to 4.7.
    The installer still refuses to activate the 'Next' button. It reads 3dsmax.exe and probably picks up the Update 2 version and is getting mixed up.
    Anyway, I installed it manually (the files are the same for all Max versions).
    It works fine in 2017 Update 2 and FumeFX 4.06.

@bormman, update to .NET framework 4.7 and see what happens.
    You'll need to install the KB4019990 update before you install 4.7. If you forget, the 4.7 installer will tell you so and even point you to the proper page to get it.

8. bormman

bormman Member

I did, but nothing has changed. It is not installed, and the same error occurs when running the script (manual installation).
    Maybe I copied folders and files incorrectly when manually installing?

#8 bormman, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  9. roocoon

What do you mean :it is not installed"? What is not installed? The ModernUI or the framework?
    The manual installation is just copying a few files.
    If you can use teamviewer, send me a pm with the ID/password and we'll try together.

10. bormman

bormman Member

I successfully up 2017.1 to 2017.2 and .NET framework to 4.7
    The ModernUI
    Maybe I copied them in the wrong directory.

11. roocoon

You unzipped the installer already and you got a few folders and a dll.

1. From the unzipped files, copy the following into: \Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2017
    MunichFilmworks.dll
    \UI_ln
    \scripts
    (the two copied folders will merge into the existing ones).

2. Copy the "contents" of $PROFILE (that is the folder \FFX_MUI) into: C:\Users\YourUserNameGoesHere

That's all. You ignore the $PLUGINSDIR folder. It's only used by the installer.

12. bormman

bormman Member

Yes, I copied everything correctly ..... but it still does not work
    [​IMG]

13. roocoon

I can't think of anything else other than doing a chkdsk on the Max drive, followed by a repair of Max.
    Maxscript seems to be corrupted.
    Have a look at Max.log in case something is flagged there. It's found in:
    C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2017 - 64bit\ENU\Network\

14. bormman

bormman Member

there are no errors
    But here are the contents of Script Listener
    -- Error occurred in anonymous codeblock; filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2017\scripts\Munich Filmworks\FFX_VVG_Tool.ms; position: 70932; line: 1919
    -- MAXScript MacroScript Error Exception:
    -- Type error: logical-and requires BooleanClass, got: undefined
    -- MAXScript callstack:
    -- thread data: threadID:2480
    -- ------------------------------------------------------
    -- [stack level: 0]
    -- In anonymous codeblock; filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2017\scripts\Munich Filmworks\FFX_VVG_Tool.ms; position: 71646; line: 1927
    -- Locals:
    -- Externals:
    -- mui: Global:mui : (mui CurrentVersion:1.2 maxWin:undefined uiWidth:1090 uiHeight:97 fileManGrp:365 standardBtnHeight:90 maxBackColor:[0.266667,0.266667,0.266667] maxroot:"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2017\" iconsPath:"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2017\UI_ln\IconsDark\FFX_MUI" scriptPath:"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2017\scripts\Munich Filmworks" abortPath:"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2017\scripts\Munich Filmworks\ffx_abort.ms" userPath:"C:\Users\Alex" iniFile:"C:\Users\Alex\FFX_MUI\FumeFX_ModernUI.ini" MUIupdateFile:"C:\Users\Alex\FFX_MUI\MUIupdateFile.ini" onlineUpdateFile:"https://www.modernui-munich-filmworks.com/updates/MUIupdateFile.ini" FFXlistBox:undefined radioGroup:undefined qualityRadio:undefined dnFlowRadio:undefined dnFlowFile:undefined FileGroup:undefined btnName:undefined btnFontSize:10 btnFont:dotNetObject:System.Drawing.Font btnFontBold:dotNetObject:System.Drawing.Font btnLabelArray:#("", "Initial FFX", "Sim", "Preview", "Select", "Folder[...]", "", ".fxd", ".vdb", "") TooltipArray:#("Expand UI", "Reload all available FumeFX containers
    or initiate the first one.", "Simulate checked FumeFX container(s)
    or right click to choose an other simulation mode.", "- Click left to preview up to the current slider position.
    - Click right to preview into the second slot and compare it with the preview in the first slot.", "- Select current FumeFX container and open its floater.
    - Right click to change cache type.", "- LEFT CLICK to select an already exisiting FumeFX Sim FILE or setup a new specific location
    - MIDDLE CLICK to select a MANAGED FOLDER to save it for fast picking with the right mouse button
    - RIGHT CLICK to select one of your saved folders", "Delete simulation files of the checked simulation container.", "", "Right click to switch between .vdb/.f3d", "Open VrayVolumeGrid Connector", "") actOk:undefined uiFFX:undefined clock_down_ani:undefined createAvailable:true pickedPos:undefined progAniTimer:undefined layer:undefined def_sim_folder:undefined TooltipName:undefined defaultFolderPath:undefined previewpath:"D:\DESIGN\3DJOBS\MAX\2017\previews" extension:".fxd" currentPathMod:"default" FileMenuArray:#() popupWindow:undefined radioBtnVoxelCountArray:#(1, 10, 30, 80) qualityArray:#(3, 4, 5, 7) iterArray:#(40, 50, 100, 200) multi:1 sysSound:dotNetObject:System.Media.SystemSound ffxContainerArray:#() my_src_obj:undefined esb:undefined previewpath01_file:undefined previewpath02_file:undefined multiSim:0 multiSimContainer:#() prog:undefined cap:undefined cancel:undefined split:undefined completed:undefined entriesCount:undefined FumeVVG_Menu:undefined intPath:undefined order:undefined updateYes:undefined welcomefromMenu:false CacheMenuItem_01:undefined CacheMenuItem_02:undefined CacheMenuItem_03:undefined simMenuItem_01:undefined simMenuItem_02:undefined simMenuItem_03:undefined simMenuItem_04:undefined cacheLine:dotNetObject:System.Drawing.Rectangle cacheLineResp:dotNetObject:System.Drawing.Rectangle brush01:dotNetObject:System.Drawing.SolidBrush brush02:dotNetObject:System.Drawing.SolidBrush brush03:dotNetObject:System.Drawing.SolidBrush batchSimMode:undefined ptr_check:undefined ptr_drag:undefined statTimer:dotNetObject:System.Timers.Timer stat_info:undefined statArray:#("-", "-") startt:undefined endT:undefined vrInst:true vrayCorrectionFactors:#(1, 1.27, 1.2, 1.095) CacheContextMnu:undefined simContextMnu:undefined)
    -- errorHandler: Global:errorHandler : errorHandler()
    -- muiInst: Global:muiInst : undefined
    -- maxFileName: SystemGlobal:maxFileName : "1.max"
    -- [stack level: 1]
    -- called from codeblock macroScript: Munich Filmworks_FumeFX_MUI; filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2017\scripts\Munich Filmworks\FFX_VVG_Tool.ms; position: 70933; line: 1919
    -- Locals:
    -- Externals:
    -- [stack level: 2]
    -- called from top-level

15. roocoon

Hard to tell. It's an expanded version of the message shown in your screen capture earlier.
    The only thing I see that could be strange, is that "maxWin:undefined " near the top. I don't get the error so I don't know what goes there, but it sounds like it should be referring to 2017.
    Try teamviewer now if you want, before I go sleep, otherwise tomorrow.

16. bormman

bormman Member

Ok thanks... tomorrow

17. bormman

bormman Member

The problem was solved as follows.
    The first part of the solution is here: https://www.modernui-munich-filmworks.com/faq/
    The second part of the solution.
    The reason for the "Next" button to be unavailable is that the installer checks the version of the 3dsmax.exe file. If the file version is higher than 2017 SP3 (in my case 2017.2 - 19.52.915.0) the button will be unavailable.
    The solution is simple - we take 3dsmax.exe file from the original distribution (2017.0 - 2017 SP3) and temporarily replace it in the rootfolder of your 3ds Max installation.
    Install FumeFX ModernUI and return your 3dsmax.exe back.

@roocoon
    That's why the script did not run
    [​IMG]

18. roocoon

It makes sense, except the "Next" button.
    Unless they do something different in the installer, in the script they pick up "17" no matter what 2017 version you have.
    Anyway, glad you resolved it. I hope it turns out to be useful.