Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

is there some version vray that can be used in max2019?

Discussion in 'Plug-ins : Requests' started by trymeandy, Dec 7, 2018 at 2:55 AM.

1. trymeandy

trymeandy Member

is there some version vray that can be used in max2019?
    anyone knows?

2. mrkael

mrkael Member

Maybe you can try version trial Vray next for 3dsmax 2019, or keep working on version max 2018

3. Shanedh

Shanedh New Member

Vray 3.6.4 or Vray next both work on 3ds max 2019. As said above, they are available as trial versions.

4. trymeandy

trymeandy Member

Bezio likes this.
  5. Bezio

Bezio Member

(rofl)

6. angelofmercy

angelofmercy Well-Known Member

Why not just stay with 3d max 2018? Nothing has changed. The 2018 customer subscription updates is all 2019 really is. There are no new scripts on scriptspots that have any wow factor for 3d max these days, no brand new plugins that change the world. Just the same old ones updated to work on newer 3d max versions. I swear the only reason they update things is just to make cash. When in reality 3d max 2009 does all a person needs! I'm just wondering unless you're a major corporation (how come you can't afford to purchase plus it's illegal to be a commercial business and using pirated software) what is the point on upgrading 3d max when all you really use it for is architecture? These are the only people I know who use vray really. Lumion has a much faster way of working. Vray is dying in ny opinion. It's old skool as they say. There are too many other renderers out there now that work faster and a lot easier.

So unless you're making £1,000s each day what is the point on upgrading a product when all you do is use the same options over and over? Hence I gave up modelling. Upgrade after upgrade. I never used any new options. Just did the same old architect models, rendered in Lumion and bunged on turbosquid. I met people who worked for Ubisoft. They modelled in Max/Maya or Modo and used Unreal to render in. Not one of them used vray! The only people I met who used vray were pirates or from a rather large part of the world where a loaf of bread costs as much as a weeks wage.

Piracy to me is for those who enjoy something as a hobby but it costs too much. But if you're a business then piracy is definitely not for you at all. People always want without putting any effort in!

7. superman201

superman201 Member

(muscle)yup 2018.3.4.5.6.7.8.9 is the way 2go.....eye know what 2 doo !

8. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

V-Ray is far form dead and most definitely not old school. 3DS Max, while it is my go to modelling app, is old school, as you say from 2009 onward it's the same old thing , doing the same old stuff, with very little added, that people really need or want and most of the new stuff, for the majority of people, just never gets used or is forgotten about. Me I use 2014 and at my age, I doubt I will ever want to upgrade.

Corona is definitely another top render engine. Some have both, simply because they cannot decide

Unreal is fun but outside of the gaming industry, it's not got the huge following as a render engine, that V-Ray and Corona have. Same pretty much goes for Lumion (I still can't get past the extortinate price and all those awful models they supply with it) . Plenty of free stuff out there too, that in the right hands, can produce some amazing images./animations, but again, they just don't have client base, the big boys have

It really all boils down to.... what do you want to do with it, are you doing it for fun or making money and how much a client is willing to pay for what you do. and whether you intend to go freelance or maybe work for company

Anyway, I have no doubt that if we come back to this in say 10 years or so, things will likely be very very different, but right now, V-Ray and Corona are very much hear to stay, very much at the top of their game and while there is plenty of choice out there, they are not going to be toppling off the top spots for a long time yet, at least not before i retire hahaha

superman201 and Feersum like this.