Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Realwave error?

Discussion in 'Help' started by alvarezcb, Nov 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. alvarezcb

alvarezcb Member

#1 alvarezcb, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  2. roocoon

roocoon Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean out of place. The center of the ripple, say under the sphere, is offsetted from the sphere center. Are you trying to align them?

Anyway, your scene looks the same to me (1st image below) under Realflow 10.1.2 so it's not a version/crack problem (I use my own fix).
    It's some setting somewhere but that depends on what you want to achieve.

I tried a minor variety and got different results (not necessarily what you want).
    I used the references from here: http://support.nextlimit.com/display/rf2014docs/RealWave-Object+Interaction
    I only changed the two objects so:
    Node Params > Node > Dynamics > Active rigid body
    Node Params > RealWave > Interaction Wave > Object interaction01
    Their masses were already fine but probably they wouldn't buoy too well on the surface.

With only these changes I got image 2.
    Which is right/better, I don't know. It depends on what you want to get.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. alvarezcb

alvarezcb Member

Thanks Roocoon but this doesn't resolve my problem. I need to control my boat's animation through the scene.
    Here I only disabled the OceanStatisticalSpectrum to see better the problem. The internal sphere is working well. But the boat has the ripples with an offset position.

[​IMG]

With the OceanStatisticSpectrum activated the sphere is wrong too and the boat goes from bad to worse.

[​IMG]

Could you please make a simple scene from start to finish with any animated and imported geometry to see if my scene is corrupted or this is a program's bug?

#3 alvarezcb, Nov 20, 2017
  4. roocoon

Your image links didn't get posted. See if you can fix them.

So the boat is supposed to be moving eh? It looked static in the few frames I rendered. The wave was moving instead.
    I'll see if I can figure it out. I cannot render anything big. Not enough disk space and after 20 frames or so of your scene, my disk fills up.

5. alvarezcb

alvarezcb Member

#5 alvarezcb, Nov 20, 2017
  6. alvarezcb

alvarezcb Member

Only 4 frames to be simulated moving 1 or 2 m to see if this is a bug. You don't need to render.

7. alvarezcb

alvarezcb Member

8. roocoon

I don't have the tutorial and even if I did, no time to go through it anyway :)

I don't have an answer with the little I know but it seems the offset is a result of forces applied versus the objects' mass. Gravitation Theory maybe :), though in the example it seems to be applied the opposite way.

The closest I could come to more 'balanced' waves around the boat, is the image below. I didn't try many combinations of course. Too slow on my computer.
    Basically, using your original scene, I made both objects 'dynamic' (in node properties).
    This causes the object's mass to show. The sphere was at around 500 and the boat at 50+ thousands. I set the boat at 10,000 for the image.
    You could try other combos or adjust the object interaction values to tune the image.

[​IMG]

9. alvarezcb

alvarezcb Member

Thanks Roocoon. I think that this is a program's bug. I need to animate the boat by hand not dynamically. And with higher waves the object splashed particles are created in the wrong place if the OceanStatisticSpectrum have chopiness.
    There are too many bugs so this makes realwave useless for me.