Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Seeding

Discussion in 'Help' started by sponger246, Nov 1, 2017.

1. sponger246

sponger246 Member

I have torrents that I want to seed. I already downloaded them (on a secondary drive) but I had to reinstall my OS. When I try load them to uTorrent, they try to download. I don't need to download them again.

I have seen a few videos on YouTube but what I tried didn't work. Anyone know how I can do this so I can seed some?

2. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

When you upload a torrent, the folders / files, are stored on a drive, in a specific location. So say you uploaded torrent X a few months ago. you eventually stopped seeding and now you want to seed them again, perhaps because a few people have requested seeds. 1) Make sure the files/folders are exactly as they were when you initially uploaded the torrent.

Visit that torrent on GFXPeers and click on the download icon, if uTorrent discovers, that the files are on your system, exactly as they were when you first uploaded them or the last time you were seeding them, everything should be fine and you should start seeding.

If however the files/folders were moved or the system changed etc, since you were last seeding them, then uTorrent will just start downloading them again, as obviously it cannot see the files have already been downloaded, so cannot seed, until it has them all. If that happens, just stop the download and find where the files are being saved, make a note of that location, then move the files you already have, to that location, (they must be exactly as they were before) then go to GFX Peers and click on download for that torrent again and al should be ok.

Not sure what you mean by loading them into uTorrent then try to download. All you have to do, if their location has not changed on your system, is visit each torrent in GFXPeers and click on download, since you already have them, they should just start seeding, once uTorrent has done it's checking procedure.

In order for any torrent to work correctly, the original files MUST be as they were, when the torrent was created, same goes for when you want to start seeding it again. Changing the files in anyway, means that unless you can reverse what you have done and get the files back to their original state and location, seeding will no longer work and you will have to start all over again.

Hope that helps explain things.

3. sponger246

sponger246 Member

Yeah, everything seems to be good now.

4. toside

toside New Member

hi.
    first dont use utorrent.its so suspicious, qbittorrent is good.
    add already downloaded torrent to qbittorrent and
    -right click> set location > select folder
    after that again right click and force recheck.

5. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

uTorrent, suspicious. Oh I have heard it all now hahahaha... So I guess you would never use such software for anything other than totally legitimate purposes then

6. sponger246

sponger246 Member

Why would qbittorent be any less suspicious?

Andy47 likes this.
  7. toside

toside New Member

8. Ariusfx

Ariusfx Member

It is good to say that this was not intentionally done by the company and it was just a mere security failure which has been resolved. :mad:

Code:
    You need to login or register to view this content.

9. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Guess that's why people, like myself, use the AD FREE version. So it's not utorrent that is suspicious, it's the ad ridden version of utorrent and some suspicious company being hacked and their ads causing a problem. Those "flash" ads cause problems all over the net and for that matter, isn't Flash supposed to be dead