Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Shave and haircut Instalation

Discussion in 'Help' started by Rejin_Ramesan, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Rejin_Ramesan

Rejin_Ramesan New Member

hello ..... i am trying to install shave and haircut in my pc for maya 2018 but i am not able to .these are the instructions .
    1. Install.
    2. Install the RLM server (server_rlm12_1.exe).
    3. Copy the files fron rlm_joealter_win to the RLM install dir.
    4. Edit the joealter.lic file and change YOURHOST and YOURHOSTID. You get these by running "hostid_rlm.bat".
    5. Edit the joealter_client.lic and change YOURHOST.
    6. Start the RLM server (run_rlm.bat).
    i did till the 3rd step but dont know what to do after that . i dont understand can any 1 help me out Plz ..and thank you

2. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

If you don't know what YOURHOST and YOURHOSTID are and don't know how to edit a lic file, then why did you try to install it in the first place

The lic file is simply a text file. YOURHOST, is the code you get, when you run "hostid_rlm.bat" and you just copy and paste that into joealter_client.lic where it is required. Then you start the RLM server (run_rlm.bat) and job done.. hopefully

3. Rejin_Ramesan

Rejin_Ramesan New Member

thanks for the reply but i am still not able to activate it.
    1 and 2nd are the things writern in the .lic file . and 3rd is the code i got after clicking on .bat file.
    what and ware should i type or replace to activate it.
    1. joealter.lic:
    HOST YOURHOST YOURHOSTID 5053
    ISV joealter

FEATURE joealter shave_license 9.6 31-dec-2099 999 issuer="Team AMPED" customer="Team AMPED" hostid=YOURHOSTID sig="3CarGarage"
    FEATURE joealter shave_rendernode 9.6 31-dec-2099 999 issuer="Team AMPED" customer="Team AMPED" hostid=YOURHOSTID sig="3CarGarage"
    FEATURE joealter shave_interactive 9.6 31-dec-2099 999 issuer="Team AMPED" customer="Team AMPED" hostid=YOURHOSTID sig="3CarGarage"
    2.joealter_client.lic:
    SERVER YOURHOST
    3.hostid.txt:
    host=DESKTOP-S48KUSA
    408d5cc35ebe 00ff942ffeff 00fff3c17063

sorry to bother u so much but this is the first time i am activating this . thank you