Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SIGERSHADERS V-Ray Material Presets Pro 4.1.6 for 3ds Max

Discussion in '3DsMax' started by VIPGFX, Mar 16, 2017.

1. fizzymon_aska

fizzymon_aska Member

Greeting!
    Do you mind show me how to set it to Windows 7? i am using it for 3Ds Max 2015 ver

2. BlackHand

BlackHand Member

First of all, go to the installation file, right-click on it and open "properties" then:

1- Go to "Compatibility" tab.
    2- Click on the checkbox on the left of "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
    3- From the list select "Windows7"
    4- Apply.
    * I've prepared a picture to show but I couldn't figure how to upload it here!

now the compatibility is set to Windows 7. All you have to do now is to run the installation.
    * you have to keep in mind that you have to run the installation in "administrator" mode. to do so, right click on the installation file and from the list, click on "Run as administrator". should be among the first 3 items on the list from the top.

** if you didn't run the installation as administrator the first time when you got the problem, then try again by run it as administrator before you change the compatibility. it could be the cause of the problem.

Good luck :)

fizzymon_aska likes this.
  3. fizzymon_aska

fizzymon_aska Member

Hi BlackHand

thank you so much for your detailed instruction. it is now working on window 7 inside 3dsmax 2015, many thanks to you.
    have a good day(rock)

BlackHand likes this.
  4. BlackHand

BlackHand Member

Glad I could help. best of luck with your works (y)

5. lwjacob

lwjacob New Member

Texture links are down. Anyone knows where to find them?

6. sandz

sandz New Member

Thanks a lot for the torrent links. Very usefull stuff

7. femi

femi New Member

I can't download! Keeps stopping

8. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

While it is very true that compression of images, doesn't save ram, nor does it make renders faster, in fact quite the opposite.... I don't see any reason to use textures at 4k and even less reason to use textures at 8k.. Texture resolution, should never be higher than output resolution of the scene you are rendering, it's a TOTAL waste of time...In fact I would say using textures at even half output resolution is madmess. There would be no benefit to it. A 4K image is supposed to be viewed at 4K, anything smaller and the quality drops off. Even common sense should tell you, that if you have a monitor of say 1920x1080 and you render an image at 4K, you will never be able to view that image at it's full resolution 3480 × 2160, without having to scroll around.. so if you use say 20 or more 4K textures for a particular scene, which you then render at 4K, you can see that every one of them has had to be reduced in size, therefore reducing the quality (try it in Photoshop), since none of them, will be filling the screen in that render.. For the majority of arch viz for example, 2K is high enough and even then it's over kill for much of time. Since smaller (but seamless) textures can handle the job. It's qulity of image, more than resolution that counts

It's like watching a UHD 4K movie on a smartphone. Yeah it's watchable, but what a waste of resolution.

Then again if your images are going to end up being printed full scale or larger and/or you need to render them at many times higher than 4K resolution, then sure, such large textures would be great.. other than that, IMHO they are a pointless waste of space.

9. atyp364

atyp364 New Member

Hello everyone,
    Please tell me what I have wrong settings - I can not see the texture on the mapped model when mapping so I can not customize the mapping ... Everything is shown in the picture.
    It is 3dsMax2017, Vray 3.50.04 - Distributed rendering with 2 computers.
    If I do "my" Vray material, I can see the texture, but if I use the SIGERSHADERS V-Ray Material Presets Pro 4.1.6, it makes me do not see the mapping. But I'm getting it right! Is it a route setup?
    Do not know where is the error? I've been using Max for about 10 years, but I did not get the mistake here
    Thank you very much for any advice !! Atyp

https://forum.********.com/ This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1280x773.
    [​IMG]

https://forum.********.com/ This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1280x773.
    [​IMG]

10. BlackHand

BlackHand Member

Hi, I hope this will solve ur problem. I verified it on my PC b4 I post.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

after u click as in step 6, the mapping should be showing on the viewport. if it doesn't, just play with the "show..." button till is shows.

Good luck

11. _Sting_ray_

_Sting_ray_ Member

also .....
    usually the size of the texture map depend on how close are you to the camera .

if you're far from the camera , even a 512 pixel texture map will be perfect .

in other hand .......

if it's a close up shoot for a character for example .....
    a multi sub material will be required , and then the high resolution texture map will be a must !

12. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't do characters and I rarely need such extreme close ups. I am exclusively Arch Viz exteriors/interiors and the need for such extreme textures is frankly wasted. but yes, there are those that need extreme close ups.. and such high res textures will be very useful. However, in your example of character close ups, VMPP is not really that useful, it's aimed more at the Arch viz types , than characters designers

13. andrei.theodor99

Dosen't works with 3.6,right? Thats why i've got an error ,something about the file that i copied in assembly folder.

14. BlackHand

BlackHand Member

I'm using 3.6 and it's working fine.

15. Casper1313

Casper1313 Member

It works with 3.6. Have done release with v-ray on russian tracker, so checked it. All of plugins works: solidrocks, forest pack, sigershaders...

16. andrei.theodor99

Thanks for the answers. I installed yesterday the one from rutracker, and dosen`t work. Can you give me the torrent`s link? I tried to search a few minutes ago and found nothing. So strange..

17. Casper1313

Casper1313 Member

andrei.theodor99
    nnm-club.name
    If you used rutracker, seems that you know Russian a bit and can use entire search system. Just type Sigershaders there...

18. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

we do not post links to torrents, other than those on GFXPeers, which is down at the moment, so how you searched for it, who knows. Also since GFXPeers is ( temporarily) offline, the torrent link from GFXPeers cannot be displayed.

19. andrei.theodor99

I understand,yeah i used rutracker, and i downloaded yesterday the vray preset 4.1.6 from there installed it and dosent work. Now,i deleted from my pc,plus the torrent. I will try tommorow to reinstall it and show you guys the error, maybe you can help me solving it.
    Thank you

20. andrei.theodor99

Is working!

BlackHand likes this.