Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. We need to collect this month donation for our Servers,

Click this link and Help Us:http://forum.gfxdomain.net/donate/

If we help in yours works or study , please spend some money for us to pay ours servers

Dismiss Notice

If any one not get activation email, Please login your account and Re-send Activation email , Thank you

SitniSati FumeFX 5.x for 3DS MAX 2018-2019

Discussion in '3DsMax' started by VIPGFX, Jul 7, 2018.

1. slowhand818

slowhand818 Member

As Andy 47 says they have already found a way around it by bypassing aflics altogether you just replace the relevant dlo with the cracked one and the issue is gone. Just shows whatever Microsoft do to try and nail down windows, the more determined people are to work around it. I meant to say when I raised it with Microsoft I didn't explain why we needed access to local host or provide them with any logs, the number of people who email the companies and ask them why their crack is not working is sadly very common.

2. roocoon

roocoon Well-Known Member

I can't verify the Win10 behavior since I use Win 7 but I'd think if you can ping localhost it should work. It might help if you use the server's real name or IP instead of localhost.
    It could very well be that the localhost issue is the culprit, but it also happens in Win7.

I tried my server and a made-up dummy license for all products. It worked.
    Later, after so many complaints, I tried it a bit more.
    My setup still worked in Max 2018. The same setup in Max 2019, wouldn't accept the DreamScape license (an expletive goes here).

The two Max'es probably use different versions of the NET Framework that could account for some problems, but why just for one plugin out of three? It makes no sense.

Then I tried simon's server version that looks the best from the ones out there.
    It initially gave the same problem for all plugins. After I hid my license and run it without one, it worked fine for all three. I personally don't like this behavior (removing existing licenses instead of working around them) so I looked back to my server.

I found a byte that I had left after a patch and affected the stack. I corrected it and now all three work fine with my dummy license.

The moral of the story is that it could be .NET, Win10 idiosyncrasies, firewall block for localhost, incomplete server patch.
    Simon has also posted a patched AwUtils. This is the one that throws up the registration panel for all plugins and I assume he patched it to return a valid value without accessing the server. If so, no localhost problem but you'd lose access to any valid licenses you could have.

Many ways to skin the cat...

3. slowhand818

slowhand818 Member

There was indeed a new .Net version in the spring update. It is as you say very strange you can ping the local host no probem, but yet the activation fails.

4. roocoon

Which server do you use?

Try simon's without a license in the folder.
    It will give the registration dialog, so enter any dummy data and authorize.
    Restart Max and see if it asks for registration again.

Other than that, it could be the protection in the server that he used.
    Stop the server, exclude it from any sort of antivirus scan (stopping the antivirus in Win10 is useless since you can't stop it no matter what it tells you), and then restart the server.

Do the antivirus thing before you try the registration.

5. slowhand818

slowhand818 Member

I was originally on 3.something then I used the 4.1.2 server released a couple of days ago. I have them all working using the patched dll's and maya is also working, but I will reinstall them to the unpatched state and use Simons server just because it will bug me if I don't.

6. roocoon

You don't have to reinstall them as long as you have 4.1.2 installed.
    Stop the server, replace .exe with simon's, start the server.

ah. What patched DLLs? Use originals.

7. slowhand818

slowhand818 Member

That's why I reinstalled them to put back the unmodified ones. The results were with Simons license server and no license file all three activate and work. When my old license file is put back into the Aflics folder then Afterburn and Dreamscape work (but my license already included them) but fumefx..... license error 0 I have checked all the firewall rules switched off my firewall, antivirus etc but same result. I will have to use Simon's pached dll for Fumefx because I still need my licenses for maya. But everything now works by one method or another.

8. roocoon

That's the problem with the way simon did it.
    If his server sees an old license file and feature, it follows a different path and doesn't set the 'OK' flag.

He cut corners in cracking but if you want a quick job, it's a fine way to do it. It's only a problem for people with existing licenses.

9. slowhand818

slowhand818 Member

Correction with Simons server an.d no license file Maya versions work too. I can now move on to the next snag because as we know everyday brings a new problem.

10. Johannes58

Johannes58 Active Member

Works for me...

11. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

roocoon, you're right, I forgot to try the case where the lic file isn't inlude all the installed plugins data... I'll make it completely ignored )

slowhand818, if you have a problem with my release then logically you should post about it in my thread to get the answer faster...

#31 Simon, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  12. Bhacha

Bhacha New Member

Rhe dlo replacement one is way to slow the rendering and processing with FumeFX is at least 5 times slower then the two stepone all you have to do is replace the dll in the root of each version of max and it's scream fast. I've tried the dlo and on my 5core gyperthreaded 12 processors it was worthless I fely like I was using my first gen pentium I'm not kidding. With the dlo version iin FumeFX processing the sim took really 5 times longer

13. Bhacha

Bhacha New Member

No they wouldn't work proior withe the last FumeFx so I got rid of both even the lic. When I installed the new versions it was automatically authed and put it in the lic. Yes I know weird but it did happen. In 2015 to 2015 dreamscape with the lat version kept asking to auth over and over and with afterburn from 2015 to 2017 did the asame thing I didn't have any higher version than the 2017 of afterburn.

Thats why I found irstange that I did nothing and it work with the first posts.

I also see the dlounlocke versions worthless. I tested them all and was crap the processing sim time in FumeFX all versions were 5 times slower then just popping the 2 step version unlock only using the dll that goes into the root of each max and using the new afterflic install. the dll crack is actually one of the oldest ways around. I used to have it but I lost everything when I was robbed a 5 years ago.

14. rancaxxx

rancaxxx Member

Yo guys,
    Maybe it's stupid question maybe it's not...
    anyway I've started to mess around with fumefx (as beginner) and as I saw in previous versions of fumefx and there vas a preview window of what is going on and you could mess with options and see what are you doing...but now with GPU preview I can't see shit... so how in the hell to achieve with fumefx 5 what was achievable with earlier versions (meaning preview window) >>>> ????
    anyone knows how to do it, or to set up 'what' to to that...
    thnks

15. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Just in case

1) GPU preview requires Max 2016 and above

2) If you experience problems with GPU mode, please make sure that you are using the latest graphic card drivers. For Linux, it is important that the video card drivers support OpenGL 4.2.

16. rancaxxx

rancaxxx Member

I'm using 3ds max 2018 update 4
    Graphics > AMD R9 380x / latest drivers...
    win 10 x64
    Btw I asked on facebook page, about is there any trouble with amd cards, they said, as far as they know - no...
    anyone can just a point what to setup to test gpu preview?... I've set fumefx, than object source helper ( linked to sphere ) and try to do a simple burning spehere... ofcourse when I render frame it showig o.k, but just can not get it to show like in preview window...

17. roocoon

Your card has recent OpenCL support (2.0), as well as DX and OpenGL.
    It should work unless you have a driver problem. You could try installing the proper APP SDK from AMD that matches your card so you get a full OpenCL configuration.

Other than that, you could run clinfo or some other utility to get the card's capabilities. Maybe something is missing that FumeFX needs. Only Afterworks could tell you what they expect.

I assume you have enabled GPU Viewport.
    According to the docs, it works on either some perspective view, or after you reselect the FumeFX grid.

They have a Debug GPU option too. Use it and see what extra logs it puts out.

18. rancaxxx

rancaxxx Member

Yes GPU viewport is cheched ( in fumefx) ...Well when i start simulation nothing is showing on screen, even after i play it....
    BUT when i move timeline on any key, and with middle mouse move ( pan ) inside of viewport then it get updated but only for that frame.. here's the pic to clarify
    1) https://ibb.co/g1h8Qe
    [​IMG]
    Afterworks will not tell me anything unless it's paid software and redirect me to their forums ( for which aganin Need serial )
    But anyway for the SDK IT SAYS THIS : ''The AMD APP SDK package contains the runtime for CPU hardware only. The GPU runtime is included in the Catalyst driver''
    I don't know if that what you've ment for APP SDK, or if you can point in right direction how to DL and install those sdk

Concerning DEBUG GPU in text document are data as this :
    0x01 0x0B 0x01 0x0000109E
    0x01 0x0B 0x02 0x000010C8
    0x02 0x08 0x01 0x0000012A
    0x0C 0x01 0x01 0x0000001C
    0x0C 0x01 0x02 0x0000001F
    0x0D 0x01 0x01 0x0000001D
    0x0D 0x01 0x02 0x00000021
    0x0B 0x01 0x01 0x00000018
    0x0B 0x01 0x02 0x0000001A
    0x0B 0x03 0x01 0x00000024
    0x0C 0x03 0x01 0x0000002F
    etc...
    so how this can be usefull to average user... how to use this to see if any problems are there...????

19. roocoon

Not useful for sure. It's meant for their support.
    You'd need to dive into the gpu's SDK before you can figure it out.

You're right about the APP SDK. It's for OpenCL emulated in the CPU. Useful if the builtin OpenCL in the graphics card is too old.

As for your problem, you get at least a frame when you want :)

Have a look at this doc page: http://docs.afterworks.com/FumeFX5max/Default.htm#Doc/GPU Viewport.htm#_Toc520891323

Options to try:
    1. Enable Auto Switch Viewport.
    2. Export Preview During Simulation (and set the output path for the png images). You could look at them on another window or probably there's a way to feed them live into some image player.

I'd think that with the 1st option, it would be good to go. I don't have a supported GPU to try these things and I can't help much I'm afraid.

20. rancaxxx

rancaxxx Member

Yeah, thnks for answer... but when I set '' export preview during sumulation '' and set a folder.. when it finish simulating I dont see anything... ( it says that will export .png's) but folder remains empty...??? )
    And diving into gpu's sdk really exceeds my tech knowledge.. :)
    but anyway thnks for answers... only thing is to switch back to 3ds max 2017 with fumefx 4 I guess....