Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. We need to collect this month donation for our Servers,

Click this link and Help Us:http://forum.gfxdomain.net/donate/

If we help in yours works or study , please spend some money for us to pay ours servers

Dismiss Notice

If any one not get activation email, Please login your account and Re-send Activation email , Thank you

Stats say I am leeching when I'm not? Please Help!

Discussion in 'GFX Domain HOME !' started by blenderpaw1, Jun 19, 2018.

1. blenderpaw1

blenderpaw1 New Member

Hi, I apologise for my ignorance if this is my error but I spent several hours researching this issue and I am still unsure what the problem is. I downloaded 2 torrent files, after downloading I seeded both of the files for upwards of 2 hours, once I stopped seeding them, I shut down my client and turned off my computer. However, when I visited the website on my phone, I went to my stats section and it said that I was still leeching one of the torrents, even though the download had finished hours ago and I had also stopped seeding hours ago. This is still the case and it still says that I am leeching this one torrent. I tried resetting my passkey to see if It would reset it, however it still shows that I am leeching the file after 4 days now. I have now completely unistalled both of my torrent clients to try and fix this issue and I am still having this issue. From my understanding, if the torrent is still in the "leeching" section of my stats, then it implies that I am still downloading it or am I incorrect with my understanding of what that means. Thank you once again for any help and I apologise if my question is ignorant. Thanks so much!

2. blenderpaw1

blenderpaw1 New Member

At this point I want to just fully reset my account. Is there any way I can do this because the rules say you cant have more than one account, so is there anyway I can reset my current one?

#2 blenderpaw1, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  3. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Why on earth would you want to reset your account.. just because some client or very slow to update stats, say you are leeching a torrent, when you aren't even downloading. Just take a look at other torrent sites, where you see something like 200 seeds, only when you try to download it, there are nowhere near 200 seeds and some have no seeds at all. Some torrents can be downloaded in minutes, yet the same torrent on a different site, can take days, even weeks to complete.... All of those stats and numbers are totally meaningless to be honest... Only thing you need to watch is your ratio, though even that doesn't seem to matter as much as some think it does. If you seed back more than you download, then you will increase your ratio.

You are only leeching, if you are downloading but not yet actively seeding, if you disconnect and shut down your torrent client, you cannot leech nor can you seed and if your torrent client or some stats on the torrent site, say otherwise, then they are wrong.. You seem to be worried that it is a problem and resetting your account will solve it. it won't. Just ignore al that stats stuff and stop worrying.

As long as you seed back what you download.. for example, you download a 1GB torrent, and seed back at least 1GB, then no problem.. unless it's freeleech, then only upload counts.

4. blenderpaw1

blenderpaw1 New Member

Thank you so much for your reply! My only question would then be if it is possible to remove a particular client from my account, as in force it to stop sending information to gfxpeers?

5. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

You are sounding more and more paranoid as this thread continues. Why did you even sign up in the first place. A torrent client, whatever one you are using, is not sending information to GFXPeers, unless you are downloading or uploading a GFXPeers torrent . You appear to be thinking it continues to collect information, even when you stop a torrent and close down your client