Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TurbulenceFD GPU error

Discussion in 'Help' started by DoctorWu, Sep 14, 2017.

1. DoctorWu

DoctorWu New Member

Anybody else having problems GPU rendering with the TurbulenceFD plugin?

I'm using a GTX1060 and it fails every time I try to switch from CPU to GPU. The log file states:

[0:00:27.033] Exception during simulation CUDAException in Core/simulation/cuda_advection.cu:305: invalid texture reference​

Doesn't take much googling to see I'm not the only guy with this problem, haven't found a solution tho.
    Error message tells me to send the log to Jawset but I'm not sure if there is anything in there that would let them know I DL'd it from here!

I have Win7 x64 i7 & latest drivers

Awesome site, thanks for the apps!

2. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Here's my uneducated guess as to why you and many others may be having this problem

Error message tells me to send the log to Jawset but I'm not sure if there is anything in there that would let them know I DL'd it from here!

Could it be the fact that you are using an illegally sourced version.. and likely most of those you found reporting the same or similar errors and not getting much help, may well be doing the same.. It's a very common thing these days. You get the not so legit forums, where other like yourself, post the problem, hoping someone can fix it, without them having to go through the "recommended.. send your log files" route

Hey I could be wrong.

Maybe just upgrading to Windows 10 will solve it :)

3. DoctorWu

DoctorWu New Member

Not the msg I was expecting from a moderator of a "not so legit" forum Andy.

4. roocoon

roocoon Well-Known Member

Why not? Would you prefer a template answer like "you are using warez, problems are expected or already known, live with it"?

He actually answered why you're having a problem that others also do. You all use a, let's say, 'incomplete' crack.
    If I remember right, even the cracker had mentioned about some shortcomings with GPU.

As for Andy's way of not posting just a template answer, I suspect he tried to protect you by throwing a little sarcasm into it, to highlight the concern:
    "You never (as an illegal user) even consider sending in any logs or whatever else to the developers".

At best, you'll get embarrassed, at worst, sky's the limit (or is it hell's the limit?).

Cheers.