Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. We need to collect this month donation for our Servers,

Click this link and Help Us:http://forum.gfxdomain.net/donate/

If we help in yours works or study , please spend some money for us to pay ours servers

V-Ray 3.60.04 released

Discussion in 'CGI News' started by Andy47, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Just remember this is the NEWS section. So don't bother asking for links or how to download it.

Modified features:
    (*) V-Ray: The V-Ray log file should contain information on the V-Ray plugins that are loaded;
    (*) V-Ray: More user-friendly licensing error messages;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Support for V-Ray Dirt "Consider same object only";
    (*) VFB: Add checkbox to keep the aspect ratio of the VFB background image;

Bug fixes:
    (*) V-Ray: Caustics on motion-blurred objects may be blurred incorrectly;
    (*) V-Ray: Color corrections should not be applied to certain render elements;
    (*) V-Ray: Crash on rendering consecutive frames when rendering within an Windows service;
    (*) V-Ray: Crash with matte objects, GI and diffuse materials;
    (*) V-Ray: Deactivate VRayDenoiser when rendering without memory frame buffer;
    (*) V-Ray: Holes in unfiltered zdepth pass with Golaem crowds;
    (*) V-Ray: Issues with specific IES lights profiles with orientation and symmetry;
    (*) V-Ray: Missing Brazilian Portuguese localization defaults for 3ds Max 2018;
    (*) V-Ray: Reflect on back is ignored when brdf type is GGX and glossiness is less than 1.0;
    (*) V-Ray: Render setting are not printed properly in vraylog.txt;
    (*) V-Ray: Some controls in the UI of materials and textures have darker background in 3ds Max 2017 and later;
    (*) V-Ray: When quiet mode is on - don't display messages about exceptions;
    (*) V-Ray IPR: 3ds Max crash with empty VRayScene object in IPR;
    (*) V-Ray IPR: 3ds Max crash when VRayScene with override material is selected for mesh light creation;
    (*) V-Ray IPR: Crash when copying VRayLights with a texture;
    (*) V-Ray RT: "fire_opacity_mode" parameter isn't exported to .vrscenes by VRayVolumeGrid;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Add missing modes to VRaySamplerInfo render element;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Alpha as Gray for the RGB Channel Output of the bitmap node is ignored;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Displacement map in VRayMtl is making the VRayPlane invisible;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Region render warning pops up while DR is disabled;
    (*) V-Ray RT: SamplerInfo render element should not affect sampling;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Wrong "Relative to bbox" displacement;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Wrong region rendering in loaded scene with saved region;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Crash with specific scene with clipped geometry;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Crash when rendering a scene with Composite texmap;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Graphic driver stops responding on a specific scene using CUDA and freeze 3ds Max;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Wrong screen mapping for textures assigned to the Environment slot;
    (*) VFB: Compare V-Ray Settings VFB option fails to compare some parameters lately;
    (*) VFB: Copy to clipboard should copy the final corrected image with the background;
    (*) VFB: Glare lens effect is not applied if OCL initialization fails during hardware accelerated lens effects;
    (*) VFB: The VFB should respect the EXR data window (ROI) for VFB Background image;
    (*) VFB: Wrong exposure applied with saved settings;
    (*) VRayFur: 3ds Max crash after undo creation from the panel;
    (*) VRayHairFarmMod: Material diffuse texmap is not rendered on Hair Farm hair;
    (*) VRayInstancer: Wrong motion blur when using PRT Source objects for particle source;
    (*) VRayLight: Some irrelevant options of the Dome light must be greyed out;
    (*) VRayMDLMtl: Artifacts with normal bump;
    (*) VRayMDLMtl: Crash when default texture files are not found;
    (*) VRayMDLMtl: Fix bump normal modification for GGX;
    (*) VRayMDLMtl: Incorrect rendering of vMaterials\Design\Plastic\Transparent.mdl;
    (*) VRayMDLMtl: Incorrect rendering of with vMaterials\Design\Gems\tourmaline.mdl;
    (*) VRayNormalMap: Incorrect result with displacement;
    (*) VRayOSLMtl/VRayOSLTex: Crash when entering a string in a string tweak;
    (*) VRayOSLMtl/VRayOSLTex: Wrong render of VRayOSLMtl with sub-texmaps in scene with both OSL materials and texmaps present;
    (*) VRayToon: outline bordering different elements of the same object is rendered differently in V-Ray RT;
    (*) VRayTriplanarTex: Artifacts appear when rendering noisy bitmap texture used for bump;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: Keyed Playback Mode parameter doesn't render as expected during sequence render;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: After loading a cache or simulating, CPU usage remains high on machines with many threads;
    (*) V-Ray Light Lister: Error appears on Refresh after undo creation of light instance;

ahmedabasse likes this.
  2. roocoon

roocoon Well-Known Member

You just beat me on the announcement and the changelog :)

Have a cuppa :)

[​IMG]

3. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Only found it about 10 minutes before I posted, there was no actual announcement on the forum (nothing unusual there), so only discovered it existed when I clicked downloads and "oh look they uploaded a new version".. So downloaded and installed it, like you do, then thought I'd post about it in the news section. Nice cup of tea, sounds good to me.

4. roocoon

roocoon Well-Known Member

There was a user comment in their forum last night and I saw it by fluke.
    Then I spent hours trying to figure out why it wouldn't run properly. It came out to be a 1-byte typo that cost me hours.