Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

VRay 3.5 for 3ds max 2018

Discussion in 'Plug-ins : Requests' started by shaheer_am, Apr 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaheer_am

shaheer_am Member

Hello everyone, would it be possible to get VRay 3.4 or 3.5 for 3ds max 2018with crack ?

Thanks in advance

#1 shaheer_am, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    arslan_butt and noise2render like this.
  2. Darry

Darry Member

It's not released yet and when it's out I guess you have to wait a while for a crack to show up!

3. noise2render

noise2render Active Member

plllllllzzzzzz for max 2018 :)

4. tamzid14

tamzid14 Well-Known Member

:$ why not we request for 2019 so whn it will arrived we will hav vray alrdy

ALExorON, junkrbox and steve_DO like this.
  5. arslan_butt

arslan_butt New Member

Vray 3.5 For 3ds max 2017 cracked version is not out yet & you are talking about 2018...!!

6. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Cracked version for Vray 3.5, is very likely out there somewhere, but I have a feeling that even if it does surface here eventually, it will be a very long wait.. and maybe many wanting it for 2017, will have moved on to 2018 by then

7. Kurapica

Kurapica Well-Known Member

I really wonder what an average user can do with 3.5 and can't do with 3.4 which is released now.

I'm not even a beginner in 3d design, but I advise users to master the current available version and stop chasing the

latest version, learning how to find the best match between quality and render time.

It's too early to release 3.5

8. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Well said Kurapica.. Have been saying the same for years.. but I don't think many reading this realise, that it's not having the latest version that is important, it's knowing how to use the version you have and getting the very best out of it, instead on constantly upgrading. It's like putting on fresh clothes in the morning, then changing them every five minutes, not only does it waste time that could be used way more productively, but it also ends up costing you more to have it all cleaned and instead of replacing a few items of clothing as they wear out, you end up having to replace the entire wardrobe, in one go.

Sure if you, like me, bought Vray, Forest Pack Pro, Railcone etc, then if a particular upgrade adds something that you really deparately need, then you can download the latest, after all why not, since you have paid good money for the priviledge.. but as you say, constantly chasing the latest version, then before you get a chance to really push it, you want the next and the next, you will never really get a chance to push the version you have.. and possibly discover, that many times. the latest doesn't really give you anything (after reading and believing all the hype) that you actually need RIGHT NOW.. but then patience is not something many folk here are endowed with...

As for quality though, that really hasn't changed much all, since the very early versions of Vray, I have seen many incredible renders and animations done with very early versions, that you could never distiguish from those dome with the very latest..and for one, no client I know, will ask for it to be done with the latest Vray or 3DSMax etc. They just want the best you can do or that they can afford. Yes speed and memory, texture management have improved, but definitely not as much as many of the figures you read. The reason is simple, the figure are based on the system THEY are using, not the system you have and it also depends on how compatible each component of that system is with the rest. Very rarely is it the software that isn't faster, than the previous version, more like it's the hardware, that isn't being upgraded to keep up with it.. But then since you cannot download free hardware, it is just easier to blame the software or the crack, when you don't get the performance boost you thought you would..

So many people want to learn everything, want all the latest versions.. but the sad fact is, they end up knowing very little about each individual program/plugin and become a "Jack of all trades and a master of none" a phrase I use a lot, but it is so true.

Casper1313 likes this.
  9. noise2render

Come one guys we all know that if u dont request you don't get, besides why not asking for vray 3.5 for 3ds max 2018? we will migrate any soon be sure.

10. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

I disagree with you there, about we will migrate soon. While I have legit versions of Vray, FPP and Railclone etc. I am still using Max 2014. It does the job, I have no complaints and I have yet to miss a deadline. So why upgrade, just for the sake of it, we all know it just creates more problems than it solves. :)

noise2render likes this.
  11. nesteman

nesteman Member

vray 3.5 for 2014 will be awsome !!!

12. tamzid14

tamzid14 Well-Known Member

@Andy47 u hav legit versions of Vray, FPP and Railclone etc, that means ur building foundation fix but ;( we're poor thats y we build portable building to move better, stable, fast .....
    @Kurapica u said master the current available version and stop chasing the latest version (rock) to become jedi master take yrs we're still learning to become master but u know that only few will be master but we also want to learn new skills like resume render coz my country face blackout or power cut common I bet u guys never face powercut....

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

#12 tamzid14, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    noise2render likes this.
  13. noise2render

oh man i didn't catch ur comment, speaking of too early! ...Just take your time but when its time :)
    just don't forget to release vray 3.5 for 3ds max 2018 orr maybe there will be a vray 3.6 with a noise pattern copied from arnold 5 -Who knows !

Anyways thanks again, u already released alot. :)

14. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Once again, the best tools do not make a master craftsman or a great artist, knowledge of the tools they have is what counts. Also resume render is not a skill to learn, it's a feature, although frankly, one that should have been around long ago to be honest.

Anyway, back to this we are poor thing.. Poor people, say those in India, can take a garage full of old bits, some sheet metal and fabricate a nice shiny car, with very very basic tools, that costs next to nothing to build. Compare that to a factory full of robots, with all the latest equipment, and give it to those guys in that Indian garage.. many would just go back to what they know and what works for them.. they wouldn't have the time time to learn all that new fangled stuff and they would only end up having to charge much more for the end product, which would lose many customers, who cannot afford to pay more, hence they would lose money and still be just as poor if not poorer.

What I am saying is you make do with what you have and if you are any good, if this 3D stuff really is your thing, then what you produce, will be just as good and sometimes better, than that produced by someone with all the latest stuff they could ever want, but who has little time to learn how to use it properly, because they are constantly going from one version to the next, giving them less time to learn what the software they have can actually do.

Oh by the way... one thing I have learned about the electricity supply in several less developed countries, is not just the companies supplying it to paying customers, but the incredibly dangerous and illegal way in which some get that power into their homes/businesses, many times bypassing having to pay for it, endangering themselves and others and causing even more problems with reliability. When a company supplying electricity, is set up to supply say 2 million paying homes/businesses, but is in actual fact supplying 3 million. 1 million of which have hacked into the supply and are getting theirs for free, you get a very unstable supply, fraught with problems, the least of which is frequent outages, the worst are explosions, fires and death.

and even here in the UK, with a fairly reliable electricity supply, we get power cuts, some areas get a lot of them, especillay in bad weather.

15. hapbody

hapbody Member

still use 2012 and 2014 ,very smart...Version is not the higher the better, I know a lot of people are still using max9

16. Kurokairaku

Kurokairaku Member

Out of curiosity, since you probably have 3.5. Does 3.5 allow for back-face culling without all the extra bullshit like disabling embree and doing some sort of single ray environment value edit. It is the one thing I miss, and i know in 2.5, you could do that easily. I often find my self in a predicament where the thing I am working with has a cape, skirt, clothing, or even hair that has a mesh in the same space with a different texture. Muddles shadows, causes ugly black blotches...I wondered if 3.5 fixed that.

If it doesn't then quite frankly I don't care for 3.5. It is not like I use V-ray for any high grade crap. Just art renders and modding.... Quite frankly I found myself visiting real time renders like Marmoset Toolbag for rendering needs. I am quite proficient in V-ray all together, so I find it hard to move on to anything else.

I still find V-ray to be the best though, and only because I know it so well. I really should branch out to better, more effective tools.

#16 Kurokairaku, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  17. Jackyu

Jackyu Member

I donot agree your word. if not the higher the better, why do Autodesk and Chaos spend a lot of time and much money to develop it?

18. mayale

mayale Member

Well in Maya for example, I'd rather get 3.40 for 2017, than 3.50 for 2016. Since without a 2017 version you can't use Mash. So, In that case It is not about the latest Vray, but rather, latest Maya version With Vray.

19. Kurapica

Kurapica Well-Known Member

Maya 2016 seems more than enough for average users in my humble opinion unless you have mastered Maya 2016 !

@Kurokairaku
    do you have a specific scene which causes this issue ? upload it some where and I will test it for you with 3.5

20. mayale

mayale Member

To be honest, I switched to mostly Maya 2017 with Redshift. Having a GTX 1070 with Redshift is so fast. Yes, Vray has more features, but so Arnold, yet they are miles behind in speed, compared to Redshift.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.