Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Vray 3.60.03 - 3ds max 2013-2018

Discussion in '3DsMax' started by jennymc, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Not sure I understand how you get access to the full VRscans library, with just a trial license. I get how you could download them if someone shared them, but not how you download them direct from the official site. I thought the trial was limited to the number of VRscans you can get your hands on or am I missing something here

Anyway 92 Gb is way way too much, even though I agree the quality of these textures is mind blowing.. and I certainly wouldn't want to pay for them, since if you decide to stop renewing the license, which isn't a one time thing, (as possible with Vray, unless you want to pay an upgrade fee for Vray 4, then 5, then 6 etc), because once you stop paying, you end up with zero VRscans to play with.

2. BlackHand

BlackHand Member

@Andy47: yes I guess u're missing something. so here's the thing:

@ first I thought the same as u regarding the trail materials and I wanted to download them but then changed my mind cuz they will be useless once the trial is over.
    and actually the first time I wanted to download them, a very few materials showed up. they were like only two or three pages. and then (with the new vray 3.60.04 here on this thread) I thought I'd download few car paint and the carbon fiber material just to see how they work.
    so I went back to the download page and this time I found all materials showing up. and there was a text right above the materials [ Trial License expires on (day) (month), Commercial License expires on (day) (month) (whish is the same day]. now idk if that was an error on their website but I decided not to think too much and not to waste any time ]:) so I downloaded all of them.

Now as for, I quote u here "and I certainly wouldn't want to pay for them, since if you decide to stop renewing the license, which isn't a one time thing, (as possible with Vray, unless you want to pay an upgrade fee for Vray 4, then 5, then 6 etc), because once you stop paying, you end up with zero VRscans to play with." ...

well that's not an issue for this version on this thread! u can use vrscans even if u don't have any license ;) I tried it and it worked perfectly.
    it'd only be a problem when the crack of the new vray (3.7 or whatever) won't have vrscans included in the crack.

as for the 92GB, yeah they r a lot. but still u can chose to download only those u're interested in. it's just that my personal way - especially when I think I don't have much time - to get everything then filter in peace.

#22 BlackHand, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  3. Casper1313

Casper1313 Member

Yes, its all about mine.
    ;(

4. rmbarq

rmbarq Member

(pray)(party)(handsinair)(ok)

5. maikor

maikor New Member

Please,help me!Why is that?
    [​IMG]

6. baaqeel

baaqeel New Member

I have get max 2017
    And i do fresh installation of vray 3.60.03
    When start max it crash an error and try to sent to autodesk error message
    When uninstall vray and delete crack files max work just fine !
    Any help with this problem to fix it

7. BlackHand

BlackHand Member

Seems u r using VRayOCIO for color management for a material (or more) in ur scene. I've never tried it but from the error msg I c there's no "input colorspace" so I guess u have to specify the colorspace.

for more info, check here: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAY3MAX/OCIO+Map+|+VRayOCIO

8. BlackHand

BlackHand Member

if u had an older version of vray, make sure u removed all the old crack files as well. might be the problem.
    also, u may check for the error msg on google to find more about it

9. mohamed kamal

mohamed kamal New Member

all objects are black, whatever the materials is !! render is also very dark !! am using max 2017, please Help!

10. BlackHand

BlackHand Member

you have to remove ALL previous crack files including blackstorm file (if used). install fresh Vray and use only the new crack files.
    someone had ur issue and solved it just how I told u.

good luck

11. Pechugas Larou

12. Pechugas Larou

Hi guys: as a lot of users, in my case (3ds Max 2017) once Vray FrameBuffer start to open max crashes. If you start a render production or RT, or if you click in the vray toolbar, all crashes (not only fb button there, render settings crash max too)
    You have to render with max frame buffer... not the best choice.
    Anyone has an idea?
    Every trace of VRay for max 2017 was unnistalled or erased. But I got installed other versions of max (2014, 2015) with otrher versions of vray... Maybe is this?
    Thanks in advance.

BTW: also 3.6003 is very unstable, as 3.5. but (when works) it's FAST!!! RT in CUDA is far superior as 3.5.

#32 Pechugas Larou, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  13. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Quick question.

You have 3 version of Max.. WHY?..

Also you say 3.60.03 is very unstable and I have to say I totally disagree. In fact I don't have any experience of Vray being that unstable apart from this new IPR feature, which while a great addition, it has been known to very occasionally crash Max, but then it is actually a work in progress and is improving. So my guess is your system is the instability issue, not Vray...... or maybe it's whatever version of Max you are using, which is far more likely.

I bought Vray... and I have to say right now, I am loving it.

Finally because I now have a legit Vray, I have not tried this version. However before I installed my purchased copy, I removed every trace of every version I had previously installed.. and I mean EVERY SINGLE TRACE. Last thing I need was to pay that sort of money, only for rogue bits of code, to screw it up.

14. Pechugas Larou

"You have 3 version of Max.. WHY?.."
    Because, as many people, I work with different people with different pipelines, and not all have the same version of 3d Max or Vray. Maya has very much retrocompatibily, even with Arnold. But Vray and Max not. SO, I must keep it for now

But, as you said, always are "bits of code, to screw it up": So now I erased EVERY v-ray I got installed for all 3d max versions (Phoenix in this release too) . Unnistalled, and then search for files and deleted them. ALL, for ALL 3dMax versions.
    But guess what? Phoenix Toolbar still apears, with empty buttons. And before this install, a sencond Vray toolbar insist to appears, with the button texts screw up.
    Every file was deleted, every posible backup file too.
    Still crashes. Badly.
    Also, maybe 3.06 was not unstable as terrible 3.05: the crash en 3.06 only happen if you try to open frameBufferans I stop trying after that until now. When it works, is fast as hell.

A lot of users seems to work fine with this release and crack. Sadly, only seem to happen with users of 3d Max 2018.
    And a LOT of 2017 users got this crash problem with framebuffer.

SO, the only question is: anybody could fix it?

I'll try reinstalling max 2017... maybe unnistall all 3d Max... but "bits of code" will remeain for sure, as Max is dirty as hell for these things. And if you work in 3D, you'd know it's a pain and a lot of time.

"I bought Vray"
    Good for you. This is GFX, and we are talking about cracked VRay.

Thanks for the release. I'm far for complaning. Just ask if somebody find a solution.

Cheers.

15. Pechugas Larou

PD: after unnistall vr and delete ALL trace of it, 3dsMax 2015 stops at startup and ask for a vray dll, and then shows a empty VRay toolbar, from the previous install. Talking about "bits of code"
    But after install 3.06... WORKS PERFECT. Not a problem so far.

So is 2017, or this install here, on this machine.

Cheers again.

#35 Pechugas Larou, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  16. derekdsouza

derekdsouza Member

Guys any idea how to get the vrscans license, I have downloaded the 94gb Library only to realize that it will require a separate activation, I have the vray 3.6.01 running on max 16.
    Is there a cracked version which includes the vrscans license with the installer ??

sharis likes this.
  17. BlackHand

BlackHand Member

in the first post of this thread, u'll find links to vray 3.60.03, download the version u're interested in (2016 in ur case), download the medicine (crack), remove any previous vray and it's crack files then install the newly downloaded vray (3.60.03), apply the crack (read the instructions) then u're set. this version (3.60.03) includes license for vrscans. and it's proven to be working.

good luck

18. Nestur

Nestur Member

for the medicine crack- i need to register zippyshare?

19. BlackHand

BlackHand Member

No u don't, u'll have to click the yellow/orange download button till it starts. sometimes it gets messy and won't start download right away. so u'll have to click till it does.

20. Nestur

Nestur Member

perfect! thx alot

BlackHand likes this.