Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. We need to collect this month donation for our Servers,

Click this link and Help Us:http://forum.gfxdomain.net/donate/

If we help in yours works or study , please spend some money for us to pay ours servers

Dismiss Notice

If any one not get activation email, Please login your account and Re-send Activation email , Thank you

Vray Next for 3ds max is out!

Discussion in 'CGI News' started by BlackHand, May 22, 2018.

1. BlackHand

BlackHand Member

Hi there, Vray Next the official is finally out. the trial is available to download on chaosgroup site.

2. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

I'll be upgrading end of month.. I will even get a nice promotional discount from the reseller I originally bought it from.. Itching to start playing with it

TheAali and BlackHand like this.
  3. DavidS1976

DavidS1976 Member

Me like a lot....yes!

4. dreamof3d

dreamof3d New Member

I'm rocking with Redshift... Got it @ 20% off in February. Works with 3ds Max 2019 as well as all the others ;)

5. TheAali

TheAali Member

so its mean end of the month vray 4 crack will released ♥ ??

6. angelofmercy

angelofmercy Well-Known Member

1. Lumion! Not quite the same but fast as lightning and much cheaper in the long run!

7. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Lumion 8 Pro... 2999 euros, I think not. I paid £650 for V-Ray 3.0 and the upgrade to Vray Next will be just over £300. that's only 1090 euros, so it's almost third of the price of Lumion 8 Pro. So cheaper in the long run, I'm not sure about that.. Major Lumion updates are going to cost you too., I don't know how much, but when they don't mention prices, it usually means a lot more than you expect.

But each to his own, as I say. There are people that just couldn't get used to V-Ray, got frustrated by it's complexity and tried other things.. Like Corona, Redshift, Lumion and that's their choice..

Just remember where you are.. If you can get your hands of both for free, I am sure you'll grab them both, no matter what you think hahaha

BlackHand likes this.
  8. allklomv

allklomv Member

If you're looking at cards then this is not a bad vid full of useful comparisons for our rendering work rather than gaming..even has VRay 4

BlackHand likes this.
  9. matrix77

matrix77 Active Member

i dont know where you bought vray 3 but now they have their online store and the price is 340 euro for new buyer or 60 euro monthly subscription.so you as customer should pay less than 150 euro.i cant find this info on their webside but you can ask them

10. zbrush5

zbrush5 Member

I've come up with a question
    There are several programs that work with vray rt like ornatrix
    The problem is that hair-Max does not work with this part
    Why does not someone carve this important program

11. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes you can buy V-Ray direct from Chaos Group, however , you cannot purchase the upgrade from them, you have to go through a reseller. If you want to see the new pricing and check out what you can and cannot get direct from Chaos Group, then just visit this page and scroll all the way to the bottom

https://www.chaosgroup.com/vray/3ds-max

12. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

1) Since this thread is about V-Ray Next, it is no longer called V-Ray RT, it is now V-Ray GPU
    2) What is hair-max?.. Do you mean the built in Hair and Fur (WSM) modifier, then maybe you should check this

13. matrix77

matrix77 Active Member

Yeah.maybe in the future will be available on their online store.i mean upgrade

14. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Someone did mention, that they thought the resellers thing was dead.. and I must admit, you have to wonder why they would sell new licences and apparently rental, but not handle upgrades.. Then again, if only Chaos Group were selling their products, you'd probably not have the chance to get a discount.. Although I was finding with some resellers that they were selling at a higher price than that quoted on the Chaos Group site...

One reason a reseller, could be useful, is if they are based in a country, where a customer, cannot purchase it through Chaos Group, for whatever reason, but can through a reseller in their own country. I don't know.

Anyway, Soon as I get confirmation that Forest Pack and Railclone, are working ok with V-Ray Next, I will be upgrading

iToo say they will be releasing one further beta for both Forest and Railclone, hopefully within a couple of weeks, possibly next week and the Final versions should come out, once they have finished work on the Update Manager.

So no matter what others think, what they like or dislike, what their preferences are, I for one will most definitely be upgrading and I can't wait.

There will always be the neigh sayers, no mater what the subject. Frankly none of them will change the fact that V-Ray Next is out for 3DS Max and there are countless folk out there, more than willing to support Choas Group.... and I am not ashamed to say that I am one of them..

Eventually all the new features of Next, will make their way to other platforms and betas will undoubtedly become available for them too, bringing even more users wanting to get the new V-Ray

Oh and as for graphics cards and comparisons and all that other, to me at least, meaningless techno babble and numbers. Seriously I'm not bothered. I just want to get the job done, on time and get paid. To me, the software is far more important an investment, than building some over priced super computer. It reminds me way too much of the Amiga / Atari... Android / iOS wars. If I really needed that kind of rendering power, I'd just use a render farm service... or maybe the new V-Ray Cloud (coming soon)

15. dreamof3d

dreamof3d New Member

My GPU is an Nvidia GTX 980 Ti (6gig vram) It cost me $700.00 because it was flashed for Mac to have a boot screen, since I boot into Windows 10, and Centos 7.4 PC version about $575.00

16. imaginary foster

imaginary foster Active Member

daaaaaaaaaaaamn ! vray looks sweet ! :)

17. angelofmercy

what I don't get is everyone here mentions prices, this is a site for piracy, no one here pays for anything above a tenner! so why are people comparing prices of Lumion to Vray? Lumion is faster as it is more like a game engine, it may not delivery ultra realistic but the fact is it's bloody faster than any renderer on the market! Speed is more essential when time is costly!

18. angelofmercy

Plus I feel it's more old skool to render inside 3D Max! I've met so many gaming artists and archviz ones at that who only use max to model with these days. Mental Ray died, someday Vray will as well is my guess just like Lumion will etc. Something better always comes along.

19. imaginary foster

imaginary foster Active Member