Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Can't get upload ratio up - haven't been able to download for months

Discussion in 'Help' started by 1984anon, Apr 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. 1984anon

1984anon New Member

My upload ratio is 0.34 and needs to be 0.60

I use deluge and have 20 downloads ready to be shared but they all say queued and don't seem to be doing anything.

Is there any other way to get around this?

Most of the things I want to download are even freeleech!?

#1 1984anon, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  2. 1984anon

1984anon New Member

3. vancliff

vancliff Member

For me is the same. No matter what

4. trans

trans Member

I use utorrent and it's working fine. Make sure the torrent app (deluge) is not blocked by firewall and try other apps like utorrent see if it's the same behaviour.

1984anon likes this.
  5. 1984anon

1984anon New Member

Ah ok, I downloaded uTorrent and started to add back in a bunch of torrent files. I have 14 seeded and the tracker status says 'working'.

Only thing is, they've been sat there for about half an hour with not so much at one byte uploaded. Not sure if that's normal, or if I have just unwanted torrents.

EDIT: been a couple of hours now and no upload data

#5 1984anon, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  6. trans

trans Member

Check the preference, you can control lots of stuff like how many uploads and downloads at the same time, and how many KB limits of your active torrents (download and upload). Lots of tutorials on utorrent people's tips.

7. GFXPeers_usera

GFXPeers_usera New Member

Same for me . I have not been able to download for months and the torrents are appearing to be queued. Please, if someone could help. It will greatly help in my studies

8. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Let's just get one thing straight. If you have a lower ratio, lower than the required ratio, then you cannot download anything, apparently even during freeleech.. This is why you have a ratio, it's designed to prevent people from just grabbing loads of stuff and not seeding it back.

Nothing is truly free on GFXPeers, the cost is you pay by seeding or eventually you will no longer be able to download

When you download stuff, the idea is to seed it. In other words, if you download 2 GB then you seed back 2GB AT LEAST. If you don't seed back stuff, then your ratio drops, until such time as it falls too low and your download privileges cease....

The only two things you can do, are seed what you downloaded or upload some new stuff

One thing is for sure, if you have a problem, contact the GFXPeers staff

9. 1984anon

1984anon New Member

I'm actually getting uploads today for the first time in months. Not sure what happened.

Something needs to be done in this scenario for the future though. Even if you have to donate your way out of it. If there's a deal whereby you have to upload a certain amount, but NONE of your stuff is uploading, then you may as well delete your account and never come back. And that's not really a sensible position to put people in and will eventually cull your user base and this community.

10. fakejm

fakejm New Member

The problem seems to be with one the gfxpeers side. I'm seeding all the torrents I've downloaded. I've uploaded new torrents and are seeding. But I'm still on ratio watch.

And I have heard back from any of the staff or admins.

Total waste of time

11. Th4d

Th4d Member

I havent downloaded anything for some time, started downloading a 64gb torrent, after nearly 1/2 of it the download stopped, i checked the forum, got a leeching msg. My upload on qbittorrent is open but theres no one taking it, so how am I supposed to get my ratios up? Apparently Im doomed if the stuff I get is big and not popular. Im fine uploading since there are no limits on my 100mbit fiber optics connection.

The msg I got refers to a wiki in order to solve it, but the wiki is down, so I ask you, if I want to keep downloading, how am I supposed to fix this exactly? Im honestly asking how to do it.

#11 Th4d, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
  12. dreamof3d

dreamof3d Active Member

Donate button?

13. Th4d

Th4d Member

I cant find anything about doing so affecting the ratios.

edit.:

Nevermind, found somewhere else and already downloaded it.

#13 Th4d, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
  14. emeraldhope

emeraldhope New Member

I think I'm having a similar problem with uploads, but worse... I'm also pretty sure that I'm too stupid to fix it. Freeleech sounds like I should be able to leech freely to fix my problems and get my ratios back in check, but apparently that is not the case...?

I got a program called Clean Master that wiped out my... what would you call it... not the torrents themselves, but the torrent information. So my program is as clean as the day it was downloaded, although I do still have the actual files themselves. I would love to seed back... but back when I had my admitidly maybe a little absurd number of torrents available for upload, they didn't seem to be uploading very much (Or at all? I didn't start paying attention until my downloads stopped...) Either way... I feel like just uploading the torrents I had again would be super annoying (Mildly annoying for me to do, super annoying for other people who would be like "What they heck? That's my torrent" or "That was already up, what kind of douchbag reuploads the exact same torrent again?")... but I don't know how to... rejoin the existing ones? Have mercy on me, I'm slowly begining to realize that I'm stupid and have yet to fully come to terms with that fact yet.