Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. We need to collect last month donation for our Servers,

Click this link and Help Us:http://forum.gfxdomain.net/donate/

If we help in yours works or study , please spend some money for us to pay ours servers

Chaotica Fractals v2.0.23 x64

Discussion in '2D' started by brainsgonedead2000, Feb 28, 2020.

1. brainsgonedead2000

brainsgonedead2000 Well-Known Member

Password free now

Download:
    Code:
    You need to login or register to view this content.
    Changelog:

* Added Render > Render Animation menu command and Render Animation dialogue.
    This command simplifies starting the animation render progress.

#1 brainsgonedead2000, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    bnocturnal, curmeiste and 3bol4 like this.
  2. Angelwing

Angelwing New Member

not giving the password is just idiotic

3. brainsgonedead2000

Why is it? You message me, can you read???? If you can do better please take over from me. Thank You.

4. roocoon

roocoon Well-Known Member

I like fractals and snarky remarks so here I am :)

If the installer is passworded, it shouldn't be since it's freely downloadable.
    If the fix is passworded, that's the poster's decision so PM him.

Now on the program itself:

1. I was surprised when it displayed its own examples but ignored the ones from earlier versions in the same folder (6 years ago or so, the flam3_IFS ones).
    It might have to do with their new palette format that's included in the scenes that helps in displaying sample images fast (old scenes use a different format that would probably require more time to calculate).
    The way to load the old scenes, is to copy the scene's text and paste it into the program by using its Edit -> Paste XML from Clipboard.

2. If you run it with OpenCL unselected, it will render. If you pause the render, switch to OpenCL and render again, you might get a dark render.
    That's an OpenCL problem as I found out in my case. The error message doesn't popup in this scenario.
    The way around it, is to start without a scene and then enable OpenCL. It will do its initialization and if there's a problem, a popup will appear.
    If you have multiple OpenCL devices, check/uncheck them until you locate the one with the problem (in my case, my ATI card had an old OpenCL version and caused an error -- the Intel App SDK I had installed was sufficient for this program). Once you check only the working one, it will remember the setting so just render away.

An old flam3_IFS example:

[​IMG]

5. brainsgonedead2000

I give up caring about passwords now, most people on here moan and groan. I used to feel lucky when I started pirating that I could get if for free, but these days they all seem to think I cater to them. But the better fractal program from memory was that Ultra Fractal one I used years ago. I swear it was faster.

6. roocoon

roocoon Well-Known Member

Ultra Fractal is OK but the one I have from last year, is short on samples. They probably have them somewhere but I didn't bother looking for them and I'm too lazy to play with formulas.
    There's quite a few of them that are pretty good. My favorite these days is MandelBulber2 (new version, 2.21, was out a few days ago).
    Lots of good looking samples, very fast even on my slow laptop. It exports .ply files and image slices that should be convertable to OBJ or some other format usable by Maya, Max and what not. Unfortunately I still can't get a ply export that MeshLab can read and create an OBJ from (it finds some error halfway through the .ply).
    But it's still a fun (and free) program that my grandkids enjoy.

[​IMG]

brainsgonedead2000 likes this.
  7. brainsgonedead2000

That's the one, I used to like that program. But not made fractals in years now. I couldn't think what to use them with these days.

8. brainsgonedead2000

Password free.
    Code:
    You need to login or register to view this content.