Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. We need to collect last month donation for our Servers,

Click this link and Help Us:http://forum.gfxdomain.net/donate/

If we help in yours works or study , please spend some money for us to pay ours servers

Corona Renderer 6 (Daily version) for 3ds Max

Discussion in 'CGI News' started by roocoon, Jan 12, 2020.

1. roocoon

roocoon Well-Known Member

Dailies of the new major version started a month ago. Too early to tell but they'll probably make a good thing even better.
    Start at the usual place: https://corona-renderer.com/features/features-full-list

Changelog for daily of Dec. 12, 2019

File open dialog changed from 3ds Max dialog to Corona's one in all 4 usages - CProxy, CoronaLight ies file, CoronaCam lut file, and ColorCorrectTex lut file. The open dialogs now remember the current file path and open from there.
    Added support for RailClone 4 segment materials
    When opening older (pre-v5 scenes), when there is no displacement used, Corona automatically switches to 2.5D displacement. We still ask for permission when there is any displacement used, so that scene appearance does not change without user input

Optimizations

CoronaBitmap - Optimized memory storage of textures whose dimensions are not a power of 2. 20-30% total memory reduction in few real world scenes we tested.
    CoronaBitmap - Up to 66% memory reduction when using RGB textures that hold only gray colors
    Improved performance of Density map slot in Corona Scatter (e.g. speeds up common setup with Corona Distance map plugged into it).

Bugfixes

Fixed the “update to 2.5D displacement” popup lowering screen size of an instanced displacement modifier multiple times
    Fixed scatter not updating viewport when scale map mode is changed
    Fixed LightMtl using wrong UV coordinates in some specific cases
    Fixed blurring of caustics at the edge of the screen
    Fixed crash when scene is reset while docked IR is running.
    Fixed randomized assigning of materials in RailClone
    Fixed Corona Scatter not to recompute on changes in material of original model objects (could cause freezes in some rare cases)

And a render of a scene I picked off the web.

[​IMG]

oliestanley likes this.
  2. dreamof3d

dreamof3d Active Member

Great render engine if you have a beast of a CPU.... I just bet Corona will be happy with the Threadripper Gen 3 ...64 cores, and 128 threads :)

3. leo shaft

leo shaft Active Member

corona is very nice!

4. Jackyu

Jackyu Member

Total agree. that is why I bought an original one to support them! Hope you too!

5. Archim

Archim Active Member

Even though i dont make any money with 3D at all, i never used a cracked version of corona. They really deserve it and for me its a really fair pricing.

6. roocoon

Daily of 2020-03-16

There have been some updates since the first post but this last one, among all the other stuff they improved, has support for Max 2021 in the installer. No need to copy files over from Max 2020.

If you happen to use its Standalone renderer, save it out of the way before replacing with this version. The Standalone has been removed for now and will be back in the official v6 retail release.

[​IMG]

Cortamia likes this.
  7. oliestanley

oliestanley Member

Please, in this Corona epidemic period, can anyone who has it, give us the full version of corona v5.

dkid07 likes this.
  8. dreamof3d

dreamof3d Active Member

Virtualized ram? Maybe the community can chip in and buy you a nice PC for all your advertisements :)
    Maybe a real nice machine if you posted a crack for all the awesome software you use on your laptop :)

9. roocoon

New update (2020-04-16)

Changelog:

Fixed 3ds Max asserts appearing during scene loading.
    Improved UI of Corona Converter - it was reorganized, made more consistent and updated
    Fixed toolbar's right click context menu deleting incorrect button.

Added support for PhoenixFD Foam
    Note that interactive is working only with the latest Phoenix nightly build (6.4.2020)

Fixed motion blur not working in 3ds Max 2017 and older
    Fixed crashes and wrong displays of some maps (introduced in v6)
    Cgeo loader (CoronaProxy) made robust against (0, 0, 0) normals
    Fixed wrong computation of normals during 2.5D displacement while having complex smoothing groups.
    Fixed rare crash in IR when removing light select render element
    Performance improvements of adaptive environment sampler
    Fixed crash when closing VFB during IR session
    MultiMap - Fixed wrong result when mixing two maps with non default frequencies
    CoronaProxy - fixed crash when picking geometry from scene.​

The PhoenixFD support looked fun so I tried a Chaos supplied PhoenixFD+Vray scene.
    I loaded the scene and switched the renderer from Vray to Corona.

Under Corona, I run the simulation and used IPR (1st image below) on frame 60.
    2nd image is a modified perspective view of frame 200 using the standard Corona VFB.
    There's a difference in lighting or gamma but I didn't bother adjusting it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jimmyy80000 likes this.
  10. dreamof3d

dreamof3d Active Member

Nice a guy with a throw away computer with the latest and greatest software.... Why don't you texture the ship?
    Is that a trial or cracked?
    Lets see your Cinebench score :)

[​IMG]

11. jimmyy80000

jimmyy80000 Active Member

Hey that's great idea, I suggest that you create a topic for it in the Loft Room.

12. roocoon

@dreamof3d, I only post cracked stuff. Retails, trials or both.

Sorry to say but I'm afraid I'm way off your hardware scale. You'd have to put fire to your PC to beat me on that.

I could run Cinebench on the borrowed laptop but no point to it. As for running it on mine, bah. I'd have a hard time doing that.

1st the borrowed computer, followed by mine. Feast your eyes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. dreamof3d

dreamof3d Active Member

Perhaps if you share some cracks, we will chip in and get you something better :)

I financed this by giving up alcohol and smokes :)

[​IMG]

14. roocoon

Being there, done that, and never again.
    Decided to do that when I run out of money near the end of 2011. Donations in early 2012 at the other forum for the crack of the very first Naiad 0.6.
    17K+ downloads, 2 donations of $5 each. I tried it again for one more release (new version of Naid or something else, I don't remember) and got a big zero for my effort.
    Then the bills got to be too much and that was the end of that idea.

But that's the warez world... Free is good.
    So now you all have to hope for somebody to steal and reproduce a crack, or grow enough brains to crack it themselves, or learn how to fix it yourselves, or get enough money to go buy it, or just forget about it.
    At least you have many choices...

15. dreamof3d

dreamof3d Active Member

I will sell you my AMD 3970x for $1500.00 when I get the 3990x in a month or so... That's a big savings :)

16. THEJAW

THEJAW Member

I hope so much they will change the name of the software.... never was a name so disastrous......

17. roocoon

:)
    In that was the case, there goes any royalty, the sun and even beer!

corona (n.)
    1650s, "a crown," from Latin corona "a crown, a garland," in ancient Rome especially "a crown or garland bestowed for distinguished military service," from suffixed form of PIE root *sker- (2) "to turn, bend."

With many extended senses in botany, anatomy, etc. A coronavirus (by 1969) is so called for the spikes that protrude from its membranes and resemble the tines of a crown or the corona of the sun. The two "crown" constellations, Corona Borealis (according to fable, the crown of Ariadne) and Corona Australis, are both Ptolemaic. Astronomical sense of "luminous circle observed around the sun during total eclipses" is from 1809. As a brand of Cuban cigar, 1876. The brand of Mexican pale lager beer dates from 1925.​

Thanks but my priorities now are to clear off debts before I kick the bucket. Hardware can wait for better days.

THEJAW likes this.
  18. roocoon

There have been some updates since the last one I posted about but time was hectic and I skipped them.

Latest is Build 2020-07-07

Changelog:

Fixed textures mixed with Corona Mix not rendering in Phoenix displacement
    Improved scene export to better handle scenes with many (scattered) instances.
    Fixed handling of LightMix and exclude lists for scattered instances in export for standalone.
    Improved performance of parsing scenes with many instances.
    The behavior of MultiMap randomization is now consistent with V5 (except of Forrest Pack scatter).
    Fixed producing of NaNs in rendering after baking LightMix
    Fixed crashing of proxy when rendering
    Bloom and glare "Size" parameter in the CoronaCamera is no longer editable when the legacy bloom and glare is enabled
    Improved error handling when invalid command line argument is supplied to LicensingServer
    Fixed DR crashing when mr_prim is enabled for hair & fur
    Added support for 3dsmax Mix map mixing curve feature
    When starting a comparison with render history in VFB, the comparison vertical line is now initially always drawn in the middle of the visible area independently of the zoom level
    Corona Scatter no longer freezes UI when recomputing in heavy scenes, also when using Corona Distance map in density slot.
    UI of the scatter is generally more responsive and performance is greatly improved.
    Loading scatter scenes is faster (on average by 28%, in extreme cases by 78%, depending on number and size of textures used in the scenes and number of scattered instances there).
    Also fixed the viewport not updating when changing time on the timeline in some cases.
    Fixed the viewport not correctly displaying instances in some cases.
    Fixed rare cases of different scatter results between master and node in DR environment.
    Added support for psd files during conversion between max/corona bitmaps to Corona Converter script.

I'll render this scene to death :). It's pretty and it fits in my RAM.

[​IMG]

19. dreamof3d

dreamof3d Active Member

Nice render.... think I have that scene file :)