Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. We need to collect last month donation for our Servers,

Click this link and Help Us:http://forum.gfxdomain.net/donate/

If we help in yours works or study , please spend some money for us to pay ours servers

Help understanding this. losing my Mind

Discussion in 'Help' started by SkyShazad, Jun 21, 2021.

1. SkyShazad

SkyShazad New Member

I downloaded this torrent a few Months back if you click blue text it should take you there
    Digital Vision Phoenix 2020.1.027 Win X64

Ther is a section in The Install instructions which I have no idea what it Means
    iv pasted instalation notes below

1) Replace C:\Phoenix\utilities\reprise\rlm.exe by cracked one
    2) Copy license_phoenix.lic file in C:\Phoenix\License

This one No 3 I have no idea what to do with this
    3) Edit license file and replace MYHOSTNAME + MYMAC with your own data (use rlmhostid to get your NIC MAC address ("rlmhostid ether" command line))

4) Run RLM license server with "rlm -c c:\Phoenix\License\"
    5) Launch the app

Can someone please simplify what its actually telling me to do and how to do it
    as it makes no sense to me. im not as intelligent as you guys when it comes to stuff like this
    so Thank You for taking your time to read this, any help would be awesome
    Stay Safe and Stay awesome

2. roocoon

roocoon Well-Known Member

:)
    If you get stuck on simple file operations, you're risking it by using cracked software. Try and be careful, will you.

1) It tells you to replace a file called rlm.exe which is found in the folder it tells you (C:\Phoenix\utilities\reprise\), by the "cracked one". The "cracked one" is a file by the same name (rlm.exe) that must be provided in the archive you have. Maybe inside some folder called \crack or even inside some smaller archive within the archive you have.

2) Along with the "cracked one" you must have a license_phoenix.lic file. You copy this file into the folder it tells you (C:\Phoenix\License\).

(1) and (2) is done with Windows Explorer.

Now the files are in place but the license has to be fixed to match your computer.

3) Edit (with Notepad) the license (license_phoenix.lic) and replace the occurrences of "MYHOSTNAME" and "MYMAC" with your own data.

"MYHOSTNAME" is your computer's name and "MYMAC" is your internet card's MAC Id.

What those values are for your computer, the instructions show you one way to find them.

You run the "rlmhodtid ether" command.
    "rlmhostid.exe is an executable inside the folder where the rlm.exe is.
    To run it using the parameter "ether", you first Run in windows, the command CMD. This is the one that opens the MSDOS-like black window.
    Once it opens (on the left of the entry line, depending on your Windows, it says C:\> or maybe C:\Users\yourLoginName ), go first to the folder where rlmhostid.exe is.
    type:
    cd "C:\Phoenix\utilities\reprise\"
    and hit enter.

Now the left of the entry line should say: C:\Phoenix\utilities\reprise>

You got to the right folder so enter the command you want:

rlmhostid ether

Look at its output.
    The last line ("Hostid of this machine") has one or more 12-digit numbers. These numbers are the MAC IDs of the internet adapters found in your system.
    The Ethernet adapter one is probably the first number in the list, so choose this one to use. This is the replacement you need for "MYMAC".

In Notepad, replace all occurrences of MYMAC in license_phoenix.lic with this number.

You still have to replace MYHOSTNAME value.

Still in that MSDOS-like window (it doesn't matter what folder you're in) run:
    ipconfig /all

You will see a detailed list of all the internet adapters you have. The number you copied is probably on the first adapter you see (Ethernet adapter). Its MAC ID (called "Physical Address" in this list) is the number you copied but with dashes splitting the number in groups of 2 digits.

By the way, that's another way to get the MAC ID instead of using rlmhostid.exe (just remember to delete the dashes from the number).

Anyway, we are here for the MYHOSTNAME value.

It's the first line in the list that has data. It's labeled "Host Name".
    The value shown on its right is your MYHOSTNAME. That's your familiar computer's name.

In Notepad again, replace the occurrences of MYHOSTNAME by the value identifying your computer (use it as is, with dashes or whatever).

Save now the modified license file.

4) The MSDOS-like window should still be in the folder where rlm.exe is (C:\Phoenix\utilities\reprise\)

Type the command as they tell you and hit enter:

rlm -c c:\Phoenix\License\

5) Done. You should have a service called rlm that runs now and the Phoenix program should work.

The instructions above are fine but the service setup is silly (for me).
    As is, you have to run the command in (4) anytime you restart Windows and want to use Phoenix.
    Also, if you happen to have another rlm service running in the default port (5053), you'll end up with problems.

It's a small parameter change in (4) to make it a permanent service but you'd have to know what other rlm services you already use otherwise you'd have conflicts.

I'll let others chime in on this since I don't know what they do with that Phoenix program.

Good luck.

SkyShazad likes this.