Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. We need to collect last month donation for our Servers,

Click this link and Help Us:http://forum.gfxdomain.net/donate/

If we help in yours works or study , please spend some money for us to pay ours servers

How to increase seeding?

Discussion in 'Help' started by laweayordle, Sep 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. laweayordle

laweayordle New Member

Hi everyone, posting cuz I got my leeching privileges removed, I have a bad ratio but I'm unsure how to fix it, since I have my torrent client always open ( I use azureus) I tried googling and people suggested to DL new stuff in order to have more leechers but once I did that is when I got my leeching privileges removed lol , I have access to the proko anatomy course, the one on the site is missining the newest videos (it has only up to the glutes), I also have a few of the old MB tutorials (zhang lu male protraits, jason's manley composition, jason chan's thunderdome illustration, painting outdoor digital environment with Whit Brachna, and james kei digital digure painting, would uploading those help boost my ratio ? I don't think I've seen any of those in any tracker since they're pretty old, but quite good, other than that, any help on figuring out how to seed more?

Thanks.

2. lauricordell

lauricordell New Member

get a seedbox and seed till you bleed.

3. SloopJohnE

SloopJohnE New Member

Hi! I'm in the same situation as laweayordle.

Every time I download torrents from either here or from ******* using uTorrent, I leave the torrents up so they can be seeded.

However, while all my ******* downloads seed automatically, my GFX downloads don't do so consistently. Hence my eventually lopsided ratio and consequent demotion to "user."

How do I fix this? uTorrent doesn't seem to have a separate or manual seed-only command. :-(

Also, what is a seedbox and how do I get one?

4. rabea_111

rabea_111 Member

i am having a problem my torrent show seeding but not showing any values in the up speed

my ratio is too low ,do i have to change utorrent to another torrent client,

, please any help

#4 rabea_111, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  5. dkid07

dkid07 Member

i too got same seeding issue
    i asked andy47 he said this is issue with gfxpeers not gfxdomain so he cant help, i thought these two "sites" are "one" but...they are not.
    hope this issue gets really sorted out. my seeds are very sr#ewed up!

seeding use to work for me till OCT 2019 but after that it just dead or something even vpn dont works for seeding dont understand what went wrong.

#5 dkid07, Mar 15, 2020
  6. rabea_111

rabea_111 Member

but why my leeching abilities are disabled since the problem is not from my side...
    please any help...

7. brainsgonedead2000

brainsgonedead2000 Well-Known Member

Try Rutracker. They are very good.

8. rabea_111

rabea_111 Member

thank you very much , i will try

9. dkid07

dkid07 Member

you downloaded too much thats why hehe

10. rabea_111

rabea_111 Member

honestly i am a registered user since 2010 and the page is showing 18 gb of download , i dont think it is too much, :(

11. dkid07

dkid07 Member

you can see your ratio up right with green and red arrows
    no one gonna celebrate how long you been part of domain
    its a ratio based site, but its not working maybe its domain or user's ISP issue.

even i'm worried about my ratio now but its not working even i keep seeding whole day it just stay 0kbps!

#11 dkid07, Mar 15, 2020
  12. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Simple answer to stuff not seeding as you would like. You have downloaded far to much in one go, most of it is old or just not very popular, so it just doesn't have the number of seeds you would like and therefore your ratio, just doesn't go up much. Had the majority of you figured this out before grabbing Gb or content, then you would not be in the situation you now find yourselves in.

Another thing is low ratio users seem to think that just uploading the stuff they previously downloaded AGAIN, is the way to reseed stuff. NO NO NO, this is called duplication and it against the rules

Too many people download stuff, seed it for a few hours or a day, thinking that should be enough, then delete or move the content elsewhere, making it very difficult or impossible to reseed it at a later date.

Also al this talk of THAT OTHER SITE. They do not have a ratio rule, they are freeleech, so you can grab as much as you want from there, without penalty.. If you seriously can't follow the rules and just want to grab stuff, then I suggest one simple course of action. Delete you GFXPeers account and stop coming here asking others to help you solve a problem which is of your own making.

13. rabea_111

rabea_111 Member

i am just asking people who have the same problem to see if they found a solution for the seeding that is showing nothing in torrent client
    if i can seed i will, i am not working against the rules , and not all the people here are computer genius to understand how the ratio system works
    if somone ask for help is fine thats the point from the help section right...

any ways thanks for all people provided helps to others ,and for all who will........

dkid07 likes this.
  14. Bluzul

Bluzul Member

By having other people with the completed files keep their trackers on so they can upload those files. Hence the seeding. Remember that torrent in most cases are P2P, so if no is seeding those files then not much will happen.

15. Kurokairaku

Kurokairaku Member

Actually I am in the same boat. I am unsure how I am supposed to increase my seeding if I cant even download something too seed. I decided to search it up, so it seems I'm screwed. I need to wait for a free leech moment so I can increase my seeding that way.

16. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

You seed what you already downloaded OR you find something that is not already uploaded NO DUPLICATION and that doesn't break the rules

When many new members first get on to GFXPEERS, they make the first classic mistake of downloading loads of stuff, huge files, much of it old stuff, that is not very popular, so even if they have it sitting their trying to seed it, nobody else or only a couple of others are trying to download it. Then they make one of two other classic mistakes

1) They stop the download and move the files or even delete some or all of them, so they can no longer reseed
    2) They don't seed them long enough to seed back the same amount that they downloaded, meaning their ratio decreases

So what do they do next.

1) They can try putting the files they already downloaded back where they were originally downloaded to and reseeding them
    2) They can find something elsewhere and upload it, as long as it is not already on GFXPeer (duplicates are not allowed and will be deleted). Some give their torrents vague names and no description, trying to avoid anyone spotting they are dupes. or they even archive the whole thing, thinking it will make it faster than downloading the one that was uploaded before but was not archived.. WRONG

Final solution, if you cannot find a way to get your ratio increased to the required MINIMUM, preferably higher. You can simply find another site.

One last thing. It's no good coming here, hoping to find any other ways to increase your ratio, there is no sneaky way to do it OR to increase your seeding. You can only seed at a certain speed (your upload speed) Having dozens of others seeding it, only helps people download it faster, it does not increase your seeding speed one little bit.

2 seeders people who have al of the files 100%) and 100 leechers (people downloading who don't have al the files 0% to 99.99999%)

Those leechers are grabbing parts from just two people that have 100%. It doesn't mean one person downloads al the stuff from your PC and another from te other seeders PC, then the next two get a chance. No the torrent client, each leecher is using, downloads chunks of the complete torrent, from both seeders, so more seeders, means faster downloading for the leechers. More leechers, makes the torrent slower to . So in the ideal situation. a person would upload a torrent, then when 100% is uploaded, someone would start downloading it from them, the eventually there would be two seeders and then a third comes along, downloads from the two seeders, eventually you have 3 seeders and so on.

HOWEVER.. What tends to happen, especially with something everyone wants or is waiting for, is you get one uploading and many , many leechers, sometimes several hundred. This means the torrent stakes ages to download, as the one seeder is sharing his.her connection, with hundreds and by the time most of them have completed it, they disconnect, because it took so long to get the files and some people pay be MB or per hour whatever.. so they sure as hell don't want to keep the connection open for any longer than they have to.

Thing is, if you are paying per MB.Gb whatever or you pay per hour or anything like that, then maybe you shouldn't be downloading stuff or at least you should not be complaining, when it's slow or you get your download rights taken away, because you have not seeded enough.

17. seychellian

seychellian New Member

Upload your own torrent with popular content