Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Illustrate! 6.3 Build 2 for 3ds Max 2020

Discussion in 'CGI News' started by roocoon, Sep 22, 2019.

1. kastou

kastou Member

Pencil+ works without random/constant crash like illustrate (rofl)

Illustrate is a render engine to render toon line and also feature a cell shading material, but it can also use a secondary alternate render engine to have advanced shader.

Psoft Pencil+ is actually exactly the same thing as Cebas Finaltoon. It works exactly the same way. It is an effect for toon line and feature also his own cell shading material. Those 2 things(pencil+ and finaltoon) are basically clones of each other.

Whereas illustrate can render customisable toon lines with any other alternate render engine(when it works), Pencil+ and Finaltoon work only with Scanline render and Final render to my knowledge.

#21 kastou, Sep 24, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    roocoon and imaginary foster like this.
  2. roocoon

roocoon Well-Known Member

There is one annoying thing with Illustrate. It will take a patch to cover silliness.

Even though it installs under some Max version, it refuses to install under another Max version in parallel.
    And it uses different installers too.

Maybe they sell one license for all Max products but only allow installation under a single platform? Still silly.

3. imaginary foster

imaginary foster Well-Known Member

4. Darry

Darry Active Member

Yes, Pencil+ 4 is way more "pro" than Illustrate. Loved to play with Pencil+ 4 for max 2018, but I use 2020 now so the Pencil+ 4 upgrade would indeed be nice to have, but it's an expencive plugin.

imaginary foster likes this.
  5. TheAali

TheAali Member

when will it cracked here anyone know??

6. roocoon

Not when it will be cracked but rather when it will show up, one way or another.

brainsgonedead2000 and TheAali like this.
  7. TheAali

TheAali Member

Show up ????

8. roocoon

There was an update for the Max 2020 version that fixes some sort of crash that I never came across.
    No idea what else might have changed.
    This brings its version to 6.30 Build 2.

On the good new side, there are no changes in protection.

[​IMG]

9. kastou

kastou Member

Right now, can't find anything beyond version 6 for 2017 on the site.

#29 kastou, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  10. roocoon

They were hidden a couple of weeks ago I think. No idea why.
    Use one of the existing links and replace its name to match 2020. It used to work but I haven't tried it. I got the installers from other sources.

11. TheAali

TheAali Member

But the problem is all above that its not available for download in this site !!!? :(

12. roocoon

It's still there but my explanation was wrong.
    There is not any Max version to replace by '2020'.
    You replace instead the version number. e.g. for the Max 2017 link, replace the '6.0' part by '6.3'. I'm sure you can guess the numbers to replace for the other missing Max platforms.
    With the above, you'll get the original 6.3 Build 1 for Max 2020 that has some undefined Max problem. Maybe security problem which could explain why it didn't happen to me? No idea.

A couple of points:
    -- It installs under the proper Max platform but only creates a single start up group with the Help and uninstaller link. Those two links get overridden by every consecutive Max platform you install it for. This means, if you uninstall it, you'll uninstall only the last one you installed. You can remove its few files manually of course.
    -- There are some comments in it for crackers to leave it alone because he's a solo developer. I have no reason to disbelieve him so keep that in mind. If you can afford it and are eligible for, the educational price might be reasonable for you. The standard price sounds high but then again, I haven't programmed anything like it to know what's involved. You'll eventually do whatever you like so I'll stop wasting any breath on it :)