Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. We need to collect this month donation for our Servers,

Click this link and Help Us:http://forum.gfxdomain.net/donate/

If we help in yours works or study , please spend some money for us to pay ours servers

Mastering Compositing with Clint Davis

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Items' started by dean91, Jul 21, 2012.

1. dean91

dean91 New Member

Mastering Compositing with Clint Davis

[​IMG]

I spent a few hours on the plane ride to Oregon last week hanging out with Clint Davis. Not really, but he did keep me company while I watched his Mastering Compositing DVD produced by Slickforce Studio.

I’m not huge fan of compositing images, mainly because I don’t like spending that much time behind a computer. I would rather be building sets, shooting and chatting with people. I get bored quickly when I’m editing pictures, even if I am listening to music. My goal has always been to get things right at the time of exposure and not later in Photoshop. Sometimes though, that skill is necessary and when it is I’ll be prepared.

Clint’s DVD isn’t about correcting things in Photoshop that you messed up during the shoot and just to be clear, it’s not a lighting or portrait DVD either. It’s a Photoshop tutorial about compositing images. In this DVD Clint takes the images from open to close. He goes all the way from how to cut something out of a background to creating a movie poster using multiple images.

The first thing I noticed about his tutorial was
    his good ole southern accent. If you’re a fan of the southern drawl then you’ll enjoy listening to Clint talk as he works through each of these four DVDs.

As long as you don’t have a problem with hot girls, fast cars and explosions (Clint’s subject matter for the most part plus a dog and a cyclist), you’re in for a real treat. I really enjoy his teaching style. He’s extremely knowledgeable and his approach is simple and easy to understand. I felt like I was in the classroom with him and before I had a chance to raise my hand and ask a question he was answering it for me.
    If you’re already familiar with Photoshop, you’re going to have no problem keeping up. You don’t have to be an expert, you just need to know the basics, layers, levels, the clone tool, that sort of stuff, he’ll show you the rest.

If you’ve ever wanted to learn how to cut someone out of a background in 10 minutes, he’ll show you. He goes into great detail about getting around the pesky problem of cutting out hair too. You’ll learn tons of little informational nuggets about selections, clipping, masking, merging, global filters and even how to make a fake missile. (I didn’t think he was going to pull it off but it totally worked). By the end you'll be able to put anything anywhere. Clint does a great job expanding your knowledge of Photoshop in these areas and has a real knack for teaching.

#1 dean91, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
  2. knowall

knowall Member

Please this will be a great share also if possible extabit links

3. dean91

dean91 New Member

Finally solve the problem.

4. sunnyind

sunnyind New Member

Please share this on extabit, we would really appreciate that. I was looking for it and I found it over here but cannot download through torrents.