Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NeatScatter v1.0 3ds MAX 2016 - 2020

Discussion in '3DsMax' started by Johannes58, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Johannes58

Johannes58 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Info:
    Code:
    You need to login or register to view this content.
    Link:
    Code:
    You need to login or register to view this content.

2. leo shaft

leo shaft Member

Thanks but, I can't select mesh(can't Push button, It still grey .), but Only node mesh...
    Any bro active it??

3. trymeandy

trymeandy Active Member

just as the TXT file says,for 2020 it can not be installed.
    there must be a way to install this,any expert?
    @roocoon @brainsgonedead2000

4. brainsgonedead2000

brainsgonedead2000 Well-Known Member

I am no expert! If it fails to install then clearly it is the wrong version or wrong information. Run 3d max as admin. That sometimes works. Or run the installer as admin.

Check the website to see if there is a demo download for 2020. Download that then use the crack from this one here.

5. brainsgonedead2000

Just looked on the website it states up to 3d max 2019 only. So I would say the post here is misinformed. So it is not for 3d max 2020 at all! Hence it fails.

6. brainsgonedead2000

It states on the main website 3d max 2019 is the highest it goes. There is no 2020 version!!!

7. DavidS1976

DavidS1976 Member

Fuck 3dsmax 2020 ....2018 is good enough and this plugin works like a charm also with vray next 4.10.02

brainsgonedead2000 likes this.
  8. brainsgonedead2000

On your side with that! I use 3D Max 2018. Works a lot better than the 2 what followed.

9. Johannes58

There is no "2020 trial" version... But there is a 2020 version included with this package!
    Anyway I hope you like it... (party)

10. roocoon

roocoon Well-Known Member

It works in Max 2020. And it works with Vray 3.70.x I have, most of the time.
    The plugin seems to be a bit buggy though and I can't justify it by my lack of expertise in it.
    I tried to mix one of their models with an extra teapot spread around and even though I could see them on the viewport, Vray would render only the object sphere.
    At another point, I kept changing some distribution values but it just kept regenerating what was already on the screen.
    Buggy program or bad crack, I've no idea.

The ones that can't install it on Max 2020, probably didn't copy the files to the right place, or more likely, they forgot to adjust the included registry file and run it.
    The reg file for Max 2020 in my system looks like this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NeatScatter]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NeatScatter\NeatScatter 3DSMax2020]
    "InstallDir"="G:\\Program Files\\NeatScatter\\NeatScatter 3DSMax2020"
    "InstallMaxDir"="G:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\3DS Max 2020\\Plugins"
    "InstallVRayDir"="G:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\3DS Max 2020\\Plugins\\vrayplugins"

I have both Max and the plugin installed in drive G:
    Change the two Max-related G: to match the drive you have Max 2020 on, as well as the G: for NeatScatter to match the drive you copied the plugin to.

And finally, remember to remove the extra suffix from its vray addon that you use. The file should read "NeatScatterRenderVRay.dlo"

That's all.

[​IMG]

11. y2kmady

y2kmady Member

how did you render with vray next ?

12. trymeandy

trymeandy Active Member

Thnx roocoon n johaness58 n all friends.the reason i ask this is that I know there is no vray next version but that is just what I have.and I remember,long time ago,the same thing happened with afterburn,the readme file pointed to an editable INi file,changing some text could make the afterburner work in an unsupported version of max.
    And I don’t want to install a 37version vray

13. DavidS1976

DavidS1976 Member

It doesn't work with Vray next without gpu/cpu rendering selected!

Use the good version number in the plugin file (in my case NeatScatterRenderVRay.dlo_4.20.01) and choose Vray GPU next Update 2.1 in the render rollout of 3dsmax (it doesnt mind if you use GPU or CPU selection in this render setting! You can find this selection in the Perf. map)

It also works with IPR (See picture below)

If you still have problems, then use this method:

Convert it to mesh in the neatscatter convert / export rollout! And if there to much polygons, then you can make a vray proxy from it. It's not a ideal method, but it works.

So people! It does work with Vray next, but not without choosing the above method.

There are some buggy effects in the viewport. If you put a vraylight in the scene, then the problem occurs that you cannot see the light object anymore and it's difficult to select the lights.

Also the light object will be visible in the viewcube (see the second picture below) but then very small...what the fuck?

It's possible to select the lights in the scene controller but it is annoying to work like this.
    I also didn't tried yet with other elements, but all i know now, with lights it's fuckt up :)

If you delete de neatscatter plugin in the scene explorer, then the lights in the viewport will be visible again.

The solution is to choose bounding box.

I don't know if this is due to the video card or other hardware that I have in my computer. But at least I have problems with it.

See pictures below. Oh...and sorry for my english, i do my best :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh...for more realistic droplets or rain effects, use this method :) Dont forget to install Frostmx.

#13 DavidS1976, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  14. Johannes58

Convert to mesh and then render...

15. y2kmady

y2kmady Member

it worked NeatScatterRenderVRay.dlo_3.60.04 rename to NeatScatterRenderVRay.dlo_4.20.01 & paste in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2020\Plugins\vrayplugins & choose vray gpu next , update 2.1 & render :)

16. DavidS1976

DavidS1976 Member

I already said that!:p

Problem is that you cannot be change the scatters anymore, and meshes take a lot of memory if they have to much polygons. You can use Vray proxy.

For a water drop its no problem, but if you want the scatter high detailed models, then you have a problem. So it is a solution, but not how it's intended to use this plugin.(shake)

17. DavidS1976

DavidS1976 Member

Don't forget to rename the file after you update your vray next. I think there is now version 4.20.02, or it will be soon!

If you want you can already rename the other two files NeatScatterRenderVRay.dlo_3.60.03 to NeatScatterRenderVRay.dlo_4.10.02 and 4.10.03.

There are three of them, and you can already changed them :)

One thing to say

You can have the same result in Forestpack pro....so you don't need this plugin.

Example with sand!

https://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/creating-detailed-sand-with-forest-pack

#17 DavidS1976, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    y2kmady likes this.