Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. We need to collect this month donation for our Servers,

Click this link and Help Us:http://forum.gfxdomain.net/donate/

If we help in yours works or study , please spend some money for us to pay ours servers

Octane 2018 (for Cinema 4D R20.055)

Discussion in 'Plug-ins : Requests' started by krispchips, May 9, 2019.

1. krispchips

krispchips New Member

I am building a new computer and decided on a 2080. I know RTX features are still very experimental. But some people are getting errors in CUDA in C4D too. I fear the old 3.0& R2 version is incompatible with the newer cards. Why is the release not yet happened. I am not trying to be entitled here but am genuinely curious while other plugin requests are filled quite "easily".

2. roocoon

roocoon Well-Known Member

v3 is done already but hasn't gotten to the hands of the "reproduction" team. v4 will be done too at some time.
    Just wait and they'll all show up eventually.
    You can still get and enjoy the 2080 with any number of the currently available software.

3. krispchips

krispchips New Member

What do you recommend? Redshift for rtx cuda is not available I think.

4. roocoon

Sorry, I'm not in a position to recommend any of these products. None of them run in my laptop.
    I just crack what I can through teamviewer and don't have enough time on that station for performance comparisons.

There are enough people with Redshift and the rest that can better answer you.

5. krispchips

krispchips New Member

That's all good man. You use teamviewer to crack? How?! You don't need to answer that but I find it fascinating that you use what seemingly is an unrelated tool.(probably to contact their server or something)

6. roocoon

Teamviewer is just for looking/controlling another computer.
    I installed some of the high-specs programs in my son's computer a continent away (he's not even interested in them or cracking -- so much for DNA :) ).
    And then I go blind looking at his desktop being squeezed on my laptop's screen.
    Easy peazy.

krispchips and Bezio like this.
  7. krispchips

krispchips New Member

I got the 2080ti. The standalone Octane 3.07 opens and 2018 demo even live renders (w/o save). Does anyone know the 'hack' Puget systems did to do their benchmarks a while back with 3.07 and rtx?
    The demo barely comes with any files to replace.

8. ExodusEX

ExodusEX Member

$20/mo really isn't that bad. That being said, Otoy plans to release free versions of the Octane plugin in the future. Though which 3D programs will get a free plugin version is yet undecided. Octane for Unity is currently free and they're focusing on Blender next. I like Octane and the fact the company has reasonably priced their software, so I choose to support them. I'm not trying to lecture, we're all just trying to make it in this crazy expensive world.

9. krispchips

krispchips New Member

I'm sorry I can't buy even that because $20 a month is still a huge amount in my country.

10. Maxpayne20

Maxpayne20 Member

Apply for McD... Gfx is not for poor people.

11. krispchips

krispchips New Member

I don't want to get into this argument. Don't r/iamverysmart me but I have 99.96% and 98% in highschool and the pre-university college that is called to be highschool in the west. I am attending college for a degree in Computer Engineering and already have a tough semester anyways. Also there isn't a McDicks in my town. Just am very interested in this 3D stuff with C4D and Houdini and want to learn it in spite of my other occupations.

Edit: realized I got into the argument anyways. ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ