Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. We need to collect this month donation for our Servers,

Click this link and Help Us:http://forum.gfxdomain.net/donate/

If we help in yours works or study , please spend some money for us to pay ours servers

Ratio

Discussion in 'Help' started by bhertzbe, Feb 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. bhertzbe

bhertzbe New Member

Currently I'm barred from downloading files because of my ratio. The site says "Your downloading privileges are disabled until you meet your required ratio."
    Now, I don't know how I'm supposed to fix the problem if I'm not allowed to download, and thus share to balance my ratio.
    Anyone have any ideas?

-Ben

archilord007 likes this.
  2. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Yo must have download a lot to get that message, so in order to fix it, what you have to do, is continue to seed, the stuff you already downloaded, until your ratio is at the required level. If you just download lots of stuff, but don't seed the same amount back, your ratio will fall lower and lower, until you are stopped from downloading any more. You could also find something to share as well.. The only thing you cannot do is download any more stuff, until you have seeded or shared enough to bring your ratio up

3. angelofmercy

angelofmercy Well-Known Member

Wow I thought I was a heavy downloader (not on this site but on a movie site). Glad I'm not that bad then...

imaginary foster likes this.
  4. imaginary foster

imaginary foster Active Member

me to (clap):$:)
    i got this on my inbox

You have been put on Ratio Watch
    This happens when your ratio falls below the requirements we have outlined in the rules located here.
    For information about ratio watch, click the link above.

5. imaginary foster

imaginary foster Active Member

i recently downloaded the movie Ralph Breaks the Internet didn't watch it yet (highfive)(angel)

angelofmercy likes this.
  6. angelofmercy

angelofmercy Well-Known Member

That is a good film. Watched it twice now. I think Vanelope is the best character Disney ever made!

imaginary foster likes this.
  7. Zomba1

Zomba1 New Member

Is thare another way to get my ratio big like donation to the site?

8. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Sorry donating does't give anyone those kind of benefits. As said before in another thread on this very subject, the only benefit to donating, is keeping the severs up and running. Everyone is equal here, if some come here, download huge amounts, but do not seed back as much or more than they download, they end up with a low ratio and possibly a warning that they need to increase it, before they are allowed to download more. It's a really simple strategy you download a file say 5Gb, you seed until you have uploaded as much or more, then you can stop. If you just download stuff, and stop before you have seeded much if anything back, you'll run into the low ratio problem.

9. Zomba1

Zomba1 New Member

thanks andy ill try im not so good with this

10. BlackHand

BlackHand Member

Hi guys, I notices this msg on the GFXpeers :

"FreeLeech enabled till 2019-05-01 00:00:00, So only upload will count. Happy downloading !"

Anyone knows what it means? what will happen after the first of may and what does it mean "only upload will count"?

pardon my ignorance, I just couldn't figure it out (angel)

11. cutoffsquid98

cutoffsquid98 Member

Please take this question as if it is coming from a novice in torrent downloading.
    Are there disadvantages in seeding?
    I am just wondering.

12. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Freeleech, gives you the chance to grab what you want, in the time given, while your ratio is not affected. Only those uploading stuff or seeding, with see any increase in their ratio. So yo cold grab 25Gb of stuff and your ratio would not be affected, but if you seed 25Gb, then it will go up

BlackHand likes this.
  13. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Disadvantages to seeding.. None whatsoever.. You are simply sharing back, what you have taken. If you download nothing and upload/seed nothing, your ratio will not be affected either way.. If you only upload stuff, your ratio will become very high, very quickly. Some uploader only members, have an infinity sign, meaning they have an infinite ratio. but they almost never download anything. If you only download stuff and do not seed once the download is completed, your ratio will fall and eventually get so low, you will no longer be allowed to download and will have to either seed what you already have, or upload something new.

The whole idea is those those that seed or upload new stuff, get more from GFXPeers, than those that just download without seeding or not seeding enough

cutoffsquid98 likes this.
  14. cutoffsquid98

cutoffsquid98 Member

Thank you for the response. it is clear enough now.