Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. We need to collect last month donation for our Servers,

Click this link and Help Us:http://forum.gfxdomain.net/donate/

If we help in yours works or study , please spend some money for us to pay ours servers

Reeseed requests on GFXPeers

Discussion in 'Site Improvment & Suggestions' started by Andy47, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

I would like to suggest a new feature on GFXPeers, where it is impossible to make a reseed request on a particular torrent, when:

1) it is less than 3 months old
    2) has more than 5 seeds at time of request

I have recently had two requests for the CGAXIS volume 19 torrent, from the same member.. and also one for the Grant Warwick Hard surface update.. and in fact I am seeing a lot of these type of requests recently. I think a lot of it might be that their download speeds are very slow, so they think having more seeds might help.. but that is NOT what re-seed requests are for... They should only be made if there are very few or no seeds.. this usually applies to old torrents, not those that have only been upload a few days ago

2. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Getting bloody annoying now, just got a re-seed request for a torrent that was only posted yesterday

The member in question
    Code:
    You need to login or register to view this content.
    Can we please do something to prevent re-seed requests for any torrent that has more than 0 seeds. This torrent has 12 seeds as of me posting this comment and I am one them

3. Johannes58

Johannes58 Well-Known Member

Might be that someone wants to be annoying since they now know you don't like this...