Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RLM SERVER ISSUES WITH SOFTWARES THAT REQUIRE IT

Discussion in 'Help' started by amjad1232, Aug 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. amjad1232

amjad1232 Member

Can anyone point me in the right direction to of videos or links on how to install softwares that need an RLM server like Ziva and Goalem (maya plugins)
    i tried but i keep getting error messages and it is getting quite aggravating, can anyone help me out please !!?

2. roocoon

roocoon Well-Known Member

You only have to set up a service (automatically or manually), put a license file in the same folder (or you can point the service to look at another folder).
    Those are all simple text changes.
    The only thing you have to be careful of, is to make sure the communication port of the service is not taken up by any other service, and it also matches the port specified in the license your service uses.
    After any changes in the port or license file, you have to restart the service (run services.msc and handle your service from there) or reboot the computer which is overkill.

If all is set up OK and you still have problems, the software you try to license, requires a higher version license server than what you use.

There should be enough comments posted about it already (I think I've posted something about it already many months ago).
    Look for them or post what you did and what errors you get. Many people here can help.

3. amjad1232

amjad1232 Member

Hello,
    thank you for your reply.
    I keep receiving "bad signature" "not on this host" and other times "host names are different"

4. roocoon

roocoon Well-Known Member

You would get problems if you don't use the right combination.
    1) You need a server running on some free port.
    2) You need a license that uses the same port and server as in (1) and is made for it.

This "made for it" is probably what causes your problem.
    Two options again:
    1) Use a cracked server (like the Amped one or similar) and make sure it has the necessary feature lines in it for the program you was to run. Most programs should run.
    2) Use an original server, patch the program modules that access the server and create a license for it. It works fine for server versions up to 2.0.x (or 2.1.x, I don't remember now).

Both ways are easy to do but using the cracked server is faster and straightforward.

amjad1232 likes this.