Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. We need to collect this month donation for our Servers,

Click this link and Help Us:http://forum.gfxdomain.net/donate/

If we help in yours works or study , please spend some money for us to pay ours servers

Sketchup tracking licenses

Discussion in 'GFX Domain HOME !' started by fknabben, Feb 7, 2019.

1. fknabben

fknabben New Member

So,

a lot of people here in my country are getting their sketchup licenses tracked by trimble ITCA.
    They are asking to pay a fine over 5000BRL, (aprox 1400 USD). Thats way more from the trimble site.
    i know, its my own risk to use it, but the law says they cant track my ip without a judicial decision.

what you guys think about it?

2. Bezio

Bezio Active Member

I don't know if that happend as you said, first time i hear it. But i checked if is possible to happen, and it is! I looked specifically about trimble ITCA, and they can track you through ip. This is their job. Apart from these i don't know something else. A lot of people using cracked sketchup, but i assume - i don't know - that trimble found massive amount of pirated lisences in your country ( and not some few individual licenses ), to make this step.

3. angelofmercy

angelofmercy Well-Known Member

Try RunAsDate. It keeps it in trial mode. All you have to say is every month you wipe your PC. There is no crime commited and there ia no law to say you can't so this. You might have OCD and they cannot take you to court for that!

4. angelofmercy

angelofmercy Well-Known Member

But the UK is just as bad. Had a few copyright notices from Virgin about my downloads. I ignore them. Untilthe cops come knockin my andswer is fck em all!

5. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

IP tracking does not require a judicial decision. Your IP is tracked by many sites , companies, even governments. Why do you think there is so much talk and warnings that you should use a VPN.. Yes of course it is at your own risk, when using any software that is not legitimately purchased. What others think about it, is meaningless. Either you are in big trouble or MAYBE just maybe, it's a scam.

I've no idea which it might be.

6. Bezio

Bezio Active Member

All the companies know if your using a pirated software. For example, lets say is a country of 100 people. If 1 or 2 or even 3 use a pirated software ( the company knows it already) it's ok. But, if from 100 people, over 30-40 use pirated software, then the company definately will take action. Maybe that fits to your case @fknabben

7. fknabben

fknabben New Member

@Bezio maybe it is. But there is more to this story.. Like theres a company here that sells skechup, and they are helping to track down those who use and are charging over thounsands of BRL. Some friends got reported and had to buy 2 licenses from trimble. They bought from the trimble site and not through the retaleir. They were so mad at them, but itca accepted it, so the retailer couldnt do anything more. I think this retailer in fact is exploting this to make a lot of money at false charging those who are not legit.

And other thing is that i think ITCA is more interested in tracking Architecture and design offices and other companies, not single home users like myself, but you never know.

8. victoralexbr

victoralexbr New Member

Go for the sketchup make version, that is Free, and use old 8 version to import dwg