Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. We need to collect this month donation for our Servers,

Click this link and Help Us:http://forum.gfxdomain.net/donate/

If we help in yours works or study , please spend some money for us to pay ours servers

Trackers / Passkey not found

Discussion in 'Help' started by Billy_Guinness, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Billy_Guinness

Billy_Guinness New Member

Hi all,

Firstly, if this is a topic that is easily solved or there are topics already answering this, sorry for the uneccasery thread!

So - I am having issues with Trackers and Passkeys.

I have tried to download with my home machine and my work laptop - both times, when I try and download, the torrent won't start due to 'Passkey not found' in the trackers.

I have tried resetting my Passkey, I have even tried downloading a new client, but still no luck.

Am I doing something really obviously wrong?

Thanks!

2. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

See the message on GFXPeers, asking if you are having trouble downloading torrents. Follow the advice

3. Oranon

Oranon New Member

Hi

Im facing the same issue but I dont find any message on GFXPeers, so I dont know what I have to do.

please, how I can solve it?

4. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

https://gfxpeers.net/staff.php

Go here and click on the highlighted text that says "sending a message to the staff inbox".. Ask the staff on GFXPeers, this is the forum

5. blattbob

blattbob New Member

Hey,
    I'm having the exact same issue. Also sent a message to staff but did not receive an answer yet. Did you guys work the issue out yet?

6. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

First thing I have to ask, is if you are downloading a torrent. I don't understand how you can have a problem with passkeys and trackers.. There is only one tracker and the only time a passkey should be a problem, is when you UPLOAD a new torrent.

You get the passkey, when you upload a torrent, it is YOUR personal passkey. You share it with NOBODY.. EVER.

The tracker, is a single thing, you don't get a long list of them, as you would with some torrent sites, since the torrents listed on GFXPeers, can only be found on GFXPeers and the only tracker you should see in the client, is the gfxpeers tracker, again something you share with nobody outside of GFXPeers.

I think someone needs to exalain exactly what the problem is, because whatever it actually is, it only seems to be affecting a very small number of you.

If you are having problems downloading torrents, freeleech or not, then check your ratio, if it is below the required number, then you won't be downloading anything, until it is at or higher than the required ratio. Only two things will get your ratio to increase.. SEED what you've already downloaded or upload something new.. NOT something you downloaded already (that is not how your seed stuff) and no duplicating what is already there, duplicating is not allowed.

If you are having problems UPLOADING, then you really should check out the video tutorial on how to do it properly. recommended client is uTorrent.

If you have a good ratio. NOT IN RED and are having a problem downloading torrents, then you contact the staff, using the staff inbox, on gfxpeers and explain what is happening to them.

As I say, if this was a big problem, I would expect many more people to be asking for a solution, but since it's only a small number, my guess is the problem is more likely with you, not the site.

7. blattbob

blattbob New Member

Thank you for your thorough response, Andy. I'm very willing to think that the issue is with me rather than gfx.

I'll try to explain the problem in detail, maybe I did something wrong:

First of all, my ratio is ∞ and my required is 0.00 and grey because it seems like I've uploaded 460 MB in the past but downloaded none. Now it's been quite some time since I last used the account so I don't really remember to be honest, but is it possible to have seeded without downloading first? Because if I remember correctly, I never uploaded anything myself.

Anyway, I downloaded a torrent file and opened it in my torrent client (I'm using Deluge but downloaded qBittorrent because I thought the software might be the issue but I'm getting the same result).
    The status of the torrent immediately switches to "stalled" and when I check the tracker the Status is "Not working" and the Message "Passkey not found". No nothing at all is downloading, there is no check for seeds or peers, nothing.
    I only have this one tracker, all other trackers are displayed in grey as disabled, so everything seems to be in order in that department.

As I said, I've already written to staff, more specifically to First Line Support, but am still waiting for an answer.
    -as a sidenote, I figure it's not possible to seed files for an existing torrent when I've got the exact same files on my drive but downloaded them manually (the blog) instead of via torrent?-

Cheers and thanks for your effort.

8. morguinha

morguinha New Member

I've been having the same problem, Billy_Guinness and blattbob.

All torrents I've been trying to download from the tracker are stuck at 0%, and I've been getting the "passkey not found" error on Tixati.

Torrents from other trackers, private or not, are working fine.

My ratio is fine as well.

So, apparently, this problem is happening on their end.

I've also contacted support, with no reply so far.

9. morguinha

morguinha New Member

So, anybody solved it?

I'm still getting the same error and my torrents are still stuck at 0%.

Other trackers are working fine. Downloading and uploading normally.

Tried using other clients. Tried changing the passkey. Even tried using other computer.

So, to sum up, I've tried eliminating all variables from my side and nothing worked.

It's most probably something on the tracker's side.