Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. We need to collect this month donation for our Servers,

Click this link and Help Us:http://forum.gfxdomain.net/donate/

If we help in yours works or study , please spend some money for us to pay ours servers

V-Ray Next for 3ds Max

Discussion in '3DsMax' started by Simon, Mar 8, 2019.

1. rabea_111

rabea_111 Member

2. Exaco

Exaco New Member

Anyone else getting Stage 9 error which breaks IPR interactivity?

3. evilone10

evilone10 Member

Hi, i have the same problem too, and sometime the error message is an error GPU initializing in stage 2...
    I still didn't find a solution...:(

EDIT: i finally find a way ! i actually put the 2 files in C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\3ds Max 2018\bin\plugins

and it works !(rock)
    Hope it helps

#43 evilone10, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    George Black likes this.
  4. George Black

George Black New Member

Dude, thank u, it is realy works, hah, i really surpised, i did not expect such solution))

5. skylinetime

skylinetime Member

0. Remove vray_v41002_fix.dlr and vray_v41002_max_fix.dll or any other crack like vray201X.dlr, vray_zzz201X.dll, LastVRay.dlr, BlackStorm.dlr and etc.

1. Download and install V-Ray ADV(Install with administrator). No need to install the License Server.

2. Maybe you need to delete C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\20XX - 64bit\ENU Reset User Interface

3. Copy vray_v41003_fix.dlr to the 3dsMax plugins dir ( C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 20XX\plugins )
    Or to the vrayplugins dir ( C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 20XX\plugins\vrayplugins )

Copy vray_v41003_max_fix.dll to the V-Ray plugins dir ( C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\3ds Max 20XX\bin\plugins )

4. If the GPU crashes, both CPU++ and GPU devices are selected in the GPU device select.

5. Enjoy!

#45 skylinetime, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    feona_fernandes and sharis like this.
  6. Quant

Quant Member

Offtop.
    V-ray is nice in some situations, but if we consider to use only high quality settings(because irradiance map is not good enough), such as brute force plus light cache, not even pure brute force, than corona renderer is even faster. But of course V-ray using less memory than corona and in some cases it's pretty quick, but it has no lightmix, which is very useful.

7. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

V-Ray will get a lightmixer, well to be honest it already has one, though it's not as simple. Then again, discussing which is better, faster, easier, makes no difference here, this post is for V-Ray. You either want V-Ray or you don't, if you don't then that's ok, you'll just have to wait for a Corona thread.

8. Quant

Quant Member

Sorry, Andy, you are right, just wanted to share my experience. By lightmixer in V-ray you meant interactive mode or composing in pdlayer(render elements/selected lights) or something else? And you said"V-Ray will get a lightmixer", is that official info?

9. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Nothing is official until it is announced as being released or about to be, but having read so many asking for it and Vlado saying it's on the list, I'd have to say it's coming. When is of course, another matter :)

Quant likes this.
  10. Archim

Archim Member

Im still wondering if someone else also cant use Distributed Rendering with GPU? CPU works fine but with GPU the timer on the Render Time runs but the VFB stays black. I didnt found any RTvray spawner so i guess its correct to run the same spawner on the nodes as for CPU Rendering? Its not a big deal for me since i have a pretty powerfull CPU network, just wondering if im doing something wrong :)

11. Archim

Archim Member

Wow am i the only one trying to use this feature?

12. roocoon

roocoon Well-Known Member

The docs say that for a client/server setup, you have to run Backburner once. Then you start the spawner on those servers and add them to the DR list.
    Max should be running on the servers (vraydummy.max title on the task bar) before you start the job.

Or try it just with the local machine. It should work this way at least. Which is what I tried below for lack of multiple computers.
    DR always worked with multiple computers and can't imagine why it wouldn't now.

[​IMG]

13. Archim

Archim Member

Thanks for your reply. I run the Backburner job and since CPU DR works perfectly fine, i thought it may be that this is a limitation of this crack? As far as i know you have the paid version?

14. Archim

Archim Member

Its really weird, my node receives data, the "Timer" on the bottom of the VFB is running, no error message, but its just not rendering.
    Local GPU rendering works also fine.

Edit: found something weird out. Under Vray Messages it says "Render host XYZ (IP) released because there is no more pending work" after i hit the render button.
    Cant find a thing about this message on google...

#54 Archim, Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  15. roocoon

Local GPU works fine you say. In DR mode or standard?
    If it works in DR mode, I can't add any more info since I have access to a single computer and can't debug live multiple server DR.
    But it should work. I know it works for others using the version I have.

Paid version for me? :) That would be the day.

Archim likes this.
  16. Archim

Archim Member

Oh sorry thought you said that somwhere, or was it about Redshift? :x

It works local in DR and standard mode but as soon as i try to use the PC as a node in my local network, it does not render.

17. Archim

Archim Member

Omg im so dumb...................................................................... If anyone else runs into the same problem: You need to launch "Vray GPU Render Server for 3ds max 20xx" and set the Port to 20206 and not 20204........

Thank you roocoon, because of your suggestion i should test the DR mode local i found the problem right now.

18. roocoon

Not Redshift for sure. It needs Cuda that I don't have.

Good for you that you got it working. It would be too strange if it didn't. There's no protection specific to GPU.

Archim likes this.
  19. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

Updated to 4.20.00

Download from the 1st post

20. Canoffucon

Canoffucon Well-Known Member

Magnificent share sir, nicely done! (clap)

[​IMG]