Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What software to preview 3d Model without full 3d package

Discussion in 'Help' started by Zabulon, May 13, 2020.

1. Zabulon

Zabulon New Member

what software do you guys and girls use to preview your 3D models without having to install and run 3d software like blender, maya, houdini, 3dMax or any other, some prog like when you flip through images...

2. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

I use the preview images or the catalogue or the images posted here or on gfx peers. If I don't have any reference to what the model is, I don't bother.. Finding a single program that can preview all those model files, is just not possible.. and when it comes to Max, many of the previews you can get, are tiny little images, usually showing something in wireframe, at some weird angle.

Far as I know, there is no single program that can do it and do it in a way that shows proper images, like a album of photos. So to be able to view models from various 3D programs, you would need to install several programs, which kind of makes no sense, as you are trying to avoid installing so many programs in the first place.

3DSMax file format is one of the hardest to find a viewer for, even Max can't do it, unless the user has saved the fie, while showing it, in shaded mode in the perspective viewport, since that's where you get the preview image from.

3. dreamof3d

dreamof3d Active Member

Autodesk has FBX viewer... FREE It does an awesome job for .fbx files :)

4. BlackHand

BlackHand Active Member

if ur models r in .obj ,Windows 10 has 3D viewer. it can open few file types but I only recognize .obj among them. as for me I always open them in 3ds max cuz I'll have full control.

5. robin

robin Active Member

6. dreamof3d

dreamof3d Active Member

Wow... I may just buy that :)