Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. We need to collect last month donation for our Servers,

Click this link and Help Us:http://forum.gfxdomain.net/donate/

If we help in yours works or study , please spend some money for us to pay ours servers

which CPU is better for vray cpu rendering ?

Discussion in 'Loft Room' started by _Sting_ray_, Oct 16, 2022.

1. _Sting_ray_

_Sting_ray_ Member

Hi (happy_

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X ___OR___ Intel Core i9 12900KS ?

2. Quant

Quant Member

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X "better" if you don't care about temperatures and overall price of the build on AM5. I probably would wait for raptor lake if I were you.

_Sting_ray_ likes this.
  3. Quant

Quant Member

After all, there is no 'better' processor between 7950X and 13900k, both of them garbage for gamers in my honest opinion, performance is good, but temperatures is bad and power consumption accordingly. IHS quality is bad with both CPUs. But if you ok with that, Intel platform will cost less is some configurations.

_Sting_ray_ likes this.
  4. eddie1994

eddie1994 New Member

These two CPUs are toe to toe and the margins between the two are unnoticeable.
    Just go with your preferred brand on this one, there's no clear winner this year.

_Sting_ray_ likes this.
  5. antmashine

antmashine Active Member

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/intel_core_i9_13900k_review,18.html and imo, atm, the winner of a budget render\modelling workstation competition is - 5950x - given the whole am4 system build price (also a lot of sh offerings too), the availability\wide choice of mobos, ram etc and it's also relatively easy to tame thermals wise (which is SUPER important for the actual rendering and not just 1-10min benchmarking) - mine is all core oced to 4.4Ghz and is easily cooled to a totally decent <85degrees with just an air cooler, bequiet dark rock pro4 in my case, which is decent enough but not the best out of the available air coolers. Performance wise - can't remember what i get in vray now but in corona's benchmark it's 43seconds (not bad considering the latest and greatest both score just around 37-38sec) - also 4.4ghz is not the highest all core oc one can get on those - could go higher on some decent AIO, it's just what i didnt want to bother at the time i was building this one.

_Sting_ray_ likes this.
  6. antmashine

antmashine Active Member

If you absolutely want the latest and greatest when i would not even consider the 7950x but go with the 13900k instead - like it was mentioned before by Quant, building on Intel will be cheaper, also a bit easier to cool and what is most important - their mobos dont suck balls compared to amd's ones, intel's mobos of this gen have decent cpu to chipset transfer speeds, so there are even some with 5 m2 slots !!! which supposedly wont boggle your gpu even if all 5 are occupied - if that's important for you (and i cant see how it wouldnt be) intel is a clear winner this time around.

_Sting_ray_ likes this.
  7. _Sting_ray_

_Sting_ray_ Member

(happy_thanks for replies(nod)

i decided to wait for the new models of 2023 cpu's , also for the 4090Ti but i hear they melting the cables (and i wanted to put 2 with the option of putting 4)
    so i don't know what i'm doing , i would need a big case for this pc .
    anyway i see me failing assembling this computer

8. antmashine

antmashine Active Member

dont worry bout cables - by the time you will build it, some 3rd party manufacturer is bound to release a decent 90 degree angular ones which wont have any bending problems - also you can always buy some hand made ones - usually those are of A LOT better quality than chinese mass produced crap - also you can simply stay away from 4090s which have the 12 pin power and buy the ones which have 2 regular 8 pin connectors - those are a lot safer electrically speaking

9. antmashine

antmashine Active Member

for 4 gpus - threadrippers will be your only option atm - the only cpus and mobos which can have enough pcie lanes and pcie slots right now - mid range regular consumer stuff like 5950x 7595x and even 13900 is, sadly, crap for that - 2 gpus tops without loosing a lot of bandwidth in pcie department - depends on your renderer of choice of course - redshift, cycles (tried cyces for max) and vray work even on a single lane mining risers (did use a pcie splitter and had put 8 gpus on cheap ass mining risers to render stuff once))) but something like Octane or Fstorm wont even launch on not enough lanes and they DO care about the speed of pcie

10. dreamof3d

dreamof3d Well-Known Member

My Threadripper 3970x is nice, 32 cores, 64 threads but since way surpassed if you have $7k laying around
    Next year a 96 core will be released